what was your best/favourite christmas present??

mason

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We had a wee bit of chat in the office the other day about this.... obviously most think back to their childhood etc

What was your best/fav christmas present as a child (or later in life i suppose)...

I think mine was when i got a commadore 64..... i think i was about 13 when i got it. the tape deck (data cassette!!) was prone to breaking down after while though!!

It was great because i used to be aboe to copy all my mates games using my dads hifi which had twin casette recorder. Also our local library used to lend out games... so you used to get them and copy them too!!

Last edited:
nintendonesbox.jpg

Best. Christmas. Ever.

how easy were the controllers to use back in the day........ hardly any bottons at all!

i used to have amn atari 2600... it was just the joystick and one button.... it was a very close second on my best ever chrimbo list!

Absolutely, the NES was my first console, before that I was playing on my Dad's, I think we still have our MSX kicking around somewhere, all the others are gone now though, still got my NES though :)

I also remember a Tomy train set that I absolutely loved, and was really young when I got that. Ahh memories hehe.

it was the first "expensive" pressie i ever got and i cant tell you the amount of hours lost to it...!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• wildweird.jpg
    wildweird.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 176
Mine was a joint gift for me and my younger brother. It was a new tv off my dad and a psx off my mum! The hours I lost to final fantasy 7 on that are unreal!!

in terms of none "tech" toys i also remember getting some inflatable popeye arms when i was really young and spent most of the day beating on my dad with them, think there is a terrible picture of me with them on and a popeye t-shirt knocking around somewhere...:D

None tech for me was my first ever meccano set! I've still got it in the attic at my mums!

First computer - Commodore C16+4 - wasn't expecting it at all - mind blown :eek:

Tamiya Boomerang - many many great Sunday mornings with Dad and friends in supermarket car parks and others.

Sega Megadrive.

I had asked for the Master System and did not even know the Megadrive existed. Mind was blown!!

Christmas 1960 - My brother and I had a Scalextric , an Indian headdress each and a wigwam. I have never forgotten opening the living room door and seeing the track laid out and that wigwam was the best ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Christmas 1989

http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/bundles/batmanpack2.jpg

As well as Batman, it also came with Newzealand Story, F18 Interceptor and Deluxe Paint. IIRC I think I also got Shadow of the Beast as a seperate amiga game Spent hours on this machine....

Never did complete SOTB:(

For me techwise was my tabletop Donkey Kong game it was truly awesome,Non techwise being a footy nut was my press the head striker game i lost hours n hours of fun on that.

Dont know if I should call this my best or worst present as it has been responsible for me spending thousands of £'s since.

IN 1972 (i think) when I was 8 I was bought a Disney home projector that used 8mm films, the films were Disney cartoons of Mickey Mouse Goofy etc. on sort of mini reels that you fitted into the projector, it had batteries for the lamp and you played the film by winding a handle on the side, it projected onto a special screen about 18" square that was built into the inside of the box lid.
Fantastic and I wish I still had it now - would be worth a fortune

Anyone remember this?

5554644b.jpg

aab258df.jpg

7e3c2c43.jpg

mooperman said:
in terms of none "tech" toys i also remember getting some inflatable popeye arms when i was really young and spent most of the day beating on my dad with them, think there is a terrible picture of me with them on and a popeye t-shirt knocking around somewhere...:D

Go on upload it... No one will recognise you :D

Lots to choose from so can't pinpoint just one present to be honest but I'd give anything to go back and have a childhood Christmas. Looking back I can only imagine how hard my parents must have worked to provide the presents that my Sister and I received in the 70's and 80's.

God bless 'em!

shahedz said:
I loved that Tomy car toy, never had one but my cousin did and i played it for hours.

Surprised you can get then on eBay still lol

:D

Wait - how could I forget the year my brother and I got the AT-AT and Millennium Falcon? :eek:

The Christmas i got this;

318967957_10e82e1b12.jpg

I also got this to go with it;

262809-super_scope_super.jpg

Ahhhh, the good old days.

glazza said:
For me techwise was my tabletop Donkey Kong game it was truly awesome,Non techwise being a footy nut was my press the head striker game i lost hours n hours of fun on that.

The press the bead striker game was awsome. So was the super cup electric football game- I bought one off eBay a few months back- it is absolute mint with box and everything..... Me and my mates played on it for hours!!! Reliving our youth :laugh:

Last edited:
Astro Wars.

I also had that Tomy Car thing too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom