What was this UK TV Programme called?!!

LeeWallisUK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Really appreciate your help.

I remember watching this TV programme a few years ago about a Journalist in London who is your average guy... beer belly, beard, unhealthy etc etc

The programme basically shows him spending a number of weeks trying to transform himself into what society suggests is the stereotypical "ideal man", i.e a silky smooth, fake tan, footballer-type.

So he starts working out, cuts out the beer, visits different experts in different health fields (one scene I remember, is some lady who claims that rubbing urine on his skin will make his skin much healthier etc!), he has a shave and a haircut, buys sporty clothes and basically the end of the programme is him showing his transformation to his wife/girlfriend who hasn't seen him throughout.

In the end, it turns out she doesn't like his transformation! lol

It was a great show, quite funny/typical and interesting. I've been searching everywhere and I can't find it.

I'm sure it was your typical Channel 4 programme, or BBC/ITV.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!

Seems familiar, may have been an episode of 10 years younger!

Thanks very much for your reply!

I've just had a look and it does seem like 10 years younger, however the only real difference was that the journalist who was doing it was actually presenting the programme as well.

Thanks for helping me though!

Any other ideas??

This is the closest match so far, but not quite the one! :(

What's a shame is I can remember what the journalist looked like, and If I knew his name I'd find the programme, but I don't know his name and I can't find a picture of him without his name!

I can't remember if it was a series, or if it was just a one-off hour long programme.

It's so frustrating not knowing the show, I'm dying to watch it again!

The key things I can remember in the programme are:

• Him introducing himself and his girlfriend in his home.
  • Him being in the local pub with a bunch of mates.
  • He has a brown curly hair and a short beard, probably 28-32 years old.
  • He meets some bodybuilders who make him lift some heavy weights in a field, or outside a warehouse or something to get into shape.
  • He meets a woman who gets him to put urine on his skin to make his skin look healthier.
  • He gets his chest waxed, his face clean cut etc.
  • He either goes on a sunbed or puts on fake tan.
  • He has to eat certain foods (like raw eggs etc)
  • He presents himself to his wife/girlfriend at the end of the programme in their bedroom with some white sports pants on, and I remember him showing her his new (barely visable) abs, and his shaven chest.
  • He also presents himself to his mates at the pub who are shocked at how he looks.
  • His wife basically says she wants the old, beer-bellied, bearded, scruffy man back!
Those are the key points I remember!

Any other ideas?!!

Sounded to me like a programme on Bravo by Michael Grub Smith but a quick wiki shows no such show.

Sounded to me like a programme on Bravo by Michael Grub Smith but a quick wiki shows no such show.

He was replaced by Ashley Hames. He was my first thought from the OP and vaguely matches the description.....

The key things I can remember in the programme are:

• Him introducing himself and his girlfriend in his home.
  • Him being in the local pub with a bunch of mates.
  • He has a brown curly hair and a short beard, probably 28-32 years old.
  • He meets some bodybuilders who make him lift some heavy weights in a field, or outside a warehouse or something to get into shape.
  • He meets a woman who gets him to put urine on his skin to make his skin look healthier.
  • He gets his chest waxed, his face clean cut etc.
  • He either goes on a sunbed or puts on fake tan.
  • He has to eat certain foods (like raw eggs etc)
  • He presents himself to his wife/girlfriend at the end of the programme in their bedroom with some white sports pants on, and I remember him showing her his new (barely visable) abs, and his shaven chest.
  • He also presents himself to his mates at the pub who are shocked at how he looks.
  • His wife basically says she wants the old, beer-bellied, bearded, scruffy man back!
Those are the key points I remember!

Any other ideas?!!

I think i know what you are describing - but can't remember the show! :facepalm:

Dawn Porter did a few shows in a similar way about health and lifestyle.

ahh....Was it this one -Tim Shaw's Extreme Male Beauty

Tim begins his quest to transform himself from superslob to superman in just eight weeks. The 35-year-old journalist, husband and father of two is 6 foot 5 and weighs 14 stone 7 pounds, and describes himself as a 'skinny fat bloke' with a beer belly, hairy back, man boobs and 'an obsession with the size of my knob'.
First, Tim focuses on his chest as he tries to turn his man boobs into the sort of pecs you see on the poster boys. Along the way, he meets men who take their desire to get bigger and buffer to frightening extremes - including steroid abuse and surgery.
Tim also hears locker room tales; anything from moobs to shaving your privates.

Well done kBm!

He was the guy off of 5th Gear?

He is also a comedian if memory serves correctly.

He used to be Mr Inappropiate on Balls of Steel

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom