• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What was the name of this game, please?

andrew markwort

Established Member
I'm trying to track down the name of a game I played on the old BBC computers many years ago:

(1) It was 2D and in colour

(2) The basic task was that your character had to push a square block through a series of rooms, most of which had corridors and other obstacles.

(3) There were the ubiquitous monsters, who could be killed either by shooting (the character had a gun); or by pushing the block on to them or by shooting at the block, which then crushed the monsters.

(4) The block could also be used to trap the monsters.

(5) I think that power ups came from eating bits of fruit (but I might be wrong on this point).

Any ideas on the name of the game, please?

andrew markwort

Established Member
No, not Repton, but thanks for the suggestion. The game looked a little bit 'cuter' than that, and (unless my mind is deceiving me) the graphics and the colours were rather less crude.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom