1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what was the deal with the ending on last nights stargate sg1?????

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Feb 23, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Ok,
    so i think I am an inteligent guy, but I could not work out what happened at the end of last nigts SG1.
    One minuet sam and jack are in the ship with danny boy and tealc coming to the rescue, the next they are back at the sgc looking at a tape they aparantly never made in the first place?? and the mission never needed to take place? but jack had the ZPM in a box in his hand. I dont get it, did i miss some thing?

ANYONE??????????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

2. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Same here but hey its time travel so obviously anything goes :rolleyes:

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed the two parter and am glad it did not end in a cliff hanger, but I think that a little more thought into the story might have given us a better ending.

4. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I thought that it was probably the worst season finale to date. The whole ending was too "easy" and was pretty lazy really. This series has not been anywhere near the standard of previous ones. The better writers must be concentrating their efforts on Atlantis which has been far more entertaining IMHO. Any word as to whether there'll be a series 9 or a series 2 of Atlantis?

5. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    both atlantis and sg1 have been picked up for another series. It has been reported that R.D.A will only be in about four of the new sg1 episodes and amanda tapping only about half the season due to her pregancy. Ben Browder of far scape fame has signed on to star as a regular in sg1 for the 9th season.

Atlantis , will carry on from a two part finaly of the currnet season, with a new milatry contingent and comander being transfered from earth to atlantis.

All the info can be found on

here

and here

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

You did have to sit and think a little:)

Original timeline....SG1 go back and get stuck.
    New timeline........Alternate selves go back and fix everything.
    Final timeline........ZPM and digital cam found where the alternate selves left them to be found (as originally planned after SG1 got trapped in the past).

The timeline the show closed with was different from the one it started with since time travel was never even considered because they found the ZPM in Egypt.
    Very nice touch recreating the pond scene:)

7. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199

Ah, makes perfect sense now,
    I did like the bit in it where sam said she liked daniel and not jack :rotfl:
    And them all fishing at the end, but still fell a little let down for a season ender.

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

It was one of those SG1 moments:)
    The sparks going off in the background when they kissed was nicely done as well, can't always have a balcony and firework display for those romantic scenes so you have to make do.

I agree, they have made better season finales but I suppose it depends upon how the cast changes occur and the storylines filled in to account for the changes. It maybe a big cliffhanger was considered too difficult considering the events with Anubis and the Replicators which would have been the logical choice to use.
    I've not been downloading the Canadian Atlantis screenings so still hoping it's season finale will be of a more classic variety:)

9. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,082
    It appeared to be a season finale that would have done if the series had not been picked up. Perhaps they decided against a cliff hanger incase it was not renewed for season 9.

From what I have heard about cast changes etc, which never does a well established show any good, I think S9 will be the last.

S8 has been poor overall, although the episode where Daniel was talking to Anubis in that diner was brilliant.

I was quite shocked that last nights was the season finale, for some reason I still thought we were mid season. I guess most of the episodes were not too memorable.

Also there seemed to be a hinted at story change from a few episodes ago. Sam had broken up with her fiance which ended with them fishing. But last night's episode Jack said to Sam she had some packing to do, then it ended with them fishing as if she was still with her bloke.

10. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Glad to see Ben Browder :thumbsup: listed as a new regular cast member :D :cool:
    I haven't been watching this on Sky as I started watching on Ch 4, and I had no idea what was happening but when the new season starts then I think that I might give it a bash.