What was that switching device for landline/voip?

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by beem, May 6, 2007.

1. beem

beem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, just trying to find the thing on e-bay that switches allows you to call out vie landline or voip and recieve through both on the one handset. I remember it came from the states but can't seem to be able to find it. I found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PSTN-VOIP-ada...oryZ1503QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

which looks similar but it's not the one i saw before. Does anyone have a link to the other one that folks on here told me they had used?

Many thanks,
    B.

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Probably not the same but I have a Siemens cordless sip phone that allows me to call or receive either VOIP or landline without PC being on

3. harveytate

harveytate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. beem

beem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yea, i've got a siemens switchable voip phone but it's not compatible with my orange livebox which i get free calls through as it uses an rj45 connection and i need a regular phone connection. They are incompatible - i've posted on here and other forums and no one can seem to figure out how to get 'em to work. Some one posted a link to a switch that allowed you to connect to both voip gateway on the livebox and landline so i could recieve both and call via whichever i wanted. It was a few months ago though and the thread has been deleted. It was from the US and came from an ebay store called voip-something or other, but it's driving me mad as i can't seem to find it again. The digidave device relies on ethernet plus so i think it won't work for me unfortunately.

Anyone know the other thing i'm talking about?

cheers,
    B.

5. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
  6. beem

beem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi, thanks for the links and the adaptors may work - if they were the other way round. i.e. allowing me to plug the rj45 on the siemens into the BT socket on the live box. I have tried to find an adaptor like this but they only seem to exist in the way that you posted above but i think the main issue is there is a VOIP gateway in the siemens and also a voip gateway in the livebox (which you just plug a normal phone into). So i need a gizmo that essentially allows me to choose between landline and voip using only the 'landline out' of the siemens which the gizmo splits into 2, one going to the landline and one to the livebox. That's probably as clear as mud... I think the gizmo would default to either the land line or the other line as you wished and you could change the connection by dialing 1 or another code. It would also mean the phone rings whether calls come in on either line. I would actually have been better buying the non IP siemens and getting the gizmo i'm talking about, but anyway... These issues always happen when you end up with 2 seemingly 'simplifying' devices.

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway.

B.

7. beem

beem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2