• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

what was that film?

barrykil

Novice Member
hi
i remember seeing this film in the late 70s/early80s can`t recall much but it seemed to be about a village/town that was being taken over by some sort of alien race.
All i can remember was these small stones/pods that if a normal person picked up it would explode in thier face leaving a mark on thier forehead also there was a large dome complex involved, the ending i think involved a backdrop of the domes on fire and the hero escaping thro` some sort of pipe (i think).
One of them films that might or might not have been any good but i always wanted to see again, can`t for the life of me recall the name so any help would be greatly apreciated.
thanks

Thor

Standard Member
I think your talking about this film.
Quatermass II
The omniscient Professor Bernard Quatermass returns in Hammer's excellent sequel to 'The Quatermass Experiment'. Here, the Professor discovers a sinister high-level government conspiracy to cover up an extraterrestrial invasion triggered by a mysterious shower of meteorites
Director: Val Guest
Starring: Brian Donlevy, Bryan Forbes, Sidney James, John Longden, William Franklyn, Vera Day.

barrykil

Novice Member
thanks thor
are the 2 films linked or are they completley seperate films, plus do you know if they are avalible on dvd
once again thanks for your help
i`ll be able to sleep now! :)

E

European

FYI: ...the 1958 black-and-white-with-mono-sound TV series
is available on R2 DVD...

...the 1967 movie is available on R1 DVD...

. . . :eek: . . .

Thor

Standard Member
Hi barrykil,
Yes, the two films are seperate stories.

Garrett

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom