What was new on Blu-ray for July 2021?

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @Tim2049 - it’s been felt that due to capacity in the team there hasn’t been enough time to do these vast amounts of new releases sufficient justice. So given watching any and all kinds of tat and waffling about them is kinda my jam, the AVF Team have kindly let me loose with these round ups so fingers crossed we get to do one of these each month.

Please do let us know if you watch any of these and what you think and if we cover the right titles - there’s still a huge amount released that we’re not covering so any suggestions for future titles would be welcome (of course dependent on what we’re able to get our hands on both from the studios themselves and from our own collections).

But let’s see what you think of this and how we can take it forward for next month - I’m already half way through nexts months reviews so there’s still time for some feedback!!!!

Good idea to do a monthly round up of some of the more obscure or easily missed Blu Ray releases. Hopefully it will become a regular feature.

Thanks @Tim2049 - it’s been felt that due to capacity in the team there hasn’t been enough time to do these vast amounts of new releases sufficient justice. So given watching any and all kinds of tat and waffling about them is kinda my jam, the AVF Team have kindly let me loose with these round ups so fingers crossed we get to do one of these each month.

Please do let us know if you watch any of these and what you think and if we cover the right titles - there’s still a huge amount released that we’re not covering so any suggestions for future titles would be welcome (of course dependent on what we’re able to get our hands on both from the studios themselves and from our own collections).

But let’s see what you think of this and how we can take it forward for next month - I’m already half way through nexts months reviews so there’s still time for some feedback!!!!

Wondered why you were relatively quiet here of late... ;)

Awesome round up Mark!! Thanks a million...I would love to hear a review on " Demon Knight" Tales from the crypt, if at all possible. It's a guilty pleasure of mine that I've not watched in a good while, but really fancy picking up the blu ray.

Awesome round up Mark!! Thanks a million...I would love to hear a review on " Demon Knight" Tales from the crypt, if at all possible. It's a guilty pleasure of mine that I've not watched in a good while, but really fancy picking up the blu ray.
Cheers chief - and when Demon Knight gets a UK release, it'll be top of my list. Promise!

Its also worth noting that we're focussing on UK releases solely at the moment - and trying to keep it to those released in the month we're talking about.

So while we're going to cover as broad a spectrum as possible of these releases, from as many studios/labels as possible, let us know if you have any areas of particular interest - surely I can't be the only one who wants to know if the latest release in the 88 Films Italian collection is more Burial Ground than Killer Crocodile 2? Can I????

Or if the latest Arrow spaghetti western is more Day of Anger than Light the Fuse.......Sartana is Coming?

So if you have any particular upcoming releases you're interested in, let us know and I'll see what we can do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom