What was at Number One when you were born?

All I have to do is dream by the Everley Brothers.

Bit off topic but does anyone remember The Rock and Roll years.....a 30 minute BBC programme shown from the mid 80s to mid 90s? Each show focused on a particular year and played hits from that year interspersed with the news stories of the time.
I've been ploughing through them on YouTube recently and they bring back a lot of memories.

I won't even bother looking it up, because I'm sure I will hate it.
My theme-song was released on 13-Feb-70 (Friday) & it's the first recorded use of a Wah pedal on a bass guitar.

All I have to do is dream by the Everley Brothers.

Bit off topic but does anyone remember The Rock and Roll years.....a 30 minute BBC programme shown from the mid 80s to mid 90s? Each show focused on a particular year and played hits from that year interspersed with the news stories of the time.
I've been ploughing through them on YouTube recently and they bring back a lot of memories.
I remember that.

Didn’t realise it was on YouTube. Will have to have a look.

My Foolish Heart
Steve Conway
NUMBER ONE FOR 10 WEEKS

I had to find mine on the Oldrecordshop :censored:

The shamen - Ebenezer goode

Never heard of it 🤔

Edit yes I have, just didn't know thats what it's called.
That came out in 1992 iirc so you are very young, and it is a banging choon (IMO) 🙂.

I am 32 so I would have only been 2 or 3 at the time. Funny how I've never heard it in the intervening years though and I would consider myself pretty clued up on older music.

Sorry, I hate to that person who makes everyone else feel old! :eek:
How is that older music?

Maggie May, Rod Stewart

You might like this thread by @Theo Maxtible

You might like this thread by @Theo Maxtible

I loved that program, I remember when it was first shown, shame they don't repeat it on BBC4 or Sky Arts

Simon and Garfunkel : Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Not bad at all. Would have been better with The Boxer though.

Mmmmm.....and I like to think I'm the bridge, not the troubled water:rotfl:

Simon and Garfunkel : Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Not bad at all. Would have been better with The Boxer though.

Mmmmm.....and I like to think I'm the bridge, not the troubled water:rotfl:
when I went to New York I said hello to a lamp-post at the 59th Bridge Street

But was gutted that it or none of the others had any flowers growing on it

Indeed 92, 30 this year 😐
Why the semi-sad face? You are indeed a young whippersnapper, in fact we should change your username to ‘Foster Kid’. 30 is nothing, just wait til you get to 40, when things really start slowing down, going grey or drying out, and one’s peers start becoming grandparents for the first time. 30 is the new 25 🙂

when I went to New York I said hello to a lamp-post at the 59th Bridge Street

But was gutted that it or none of the others had any flowers growing on it
I went to the bridge over troubled water, Bickleigh Bridge in Tiverton (as claimed by the locals but since debunked by Garfunkel) in the 90s when staying with a mate at his parents'. Now famous for a tractorphile MP.

I went to the bridge over troubled water, Bickleigh Bridge in Tiverton (as claimed by the locals but since debunked by Garfunkel) in the 90s when staying with a mate at his parents'. Now famous for a tractorphile MP.
The pub by that bridge used to be great, a nice place to have a meal due to the scenery and watch the world go by.

We went there in the 70's for a wedding anniversary meal.

Unfortunately, the last time we went there it had been taken over and turned into something we weren't keen on so we left without eating.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom