What VR game are you playing thread

Just timed the reloads, and they were between 6-10 seconds, so nothing to worry about.
Mine is on a SSD so a little quicker than some i guess.

You would be better with the SFX100, far stronger and cheaper,
I had a look at the SFX100. Whilst I am sure it is a great system, it made my head hurt just looking at the required shopping list 😳. I don’t have the patience to build a system from the ground up, and would rather pay the extra, and have a pallet of pre-built goodness arrive on the doorstep 😂

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is AWESOME, they've added a horde mode the other day for free DLC but I haven't tried it yet. It's supposed to be quite difficult though, which isn't a bad thing imo. 😁

I'm going to start Fallout 4 VR with the Wabbajack VR Essentials Mod Pack at some point but tried to run vanilla Fallout 4 VR wirelessly with Virtual Desktop but it didn't even start up. ☹

I've got gaming ants in my pants again so can't settle on one game to play at the moment. I finished Vader Immortal again the other day, such a great game. One of my favourites. 😎😁😎

Ahh nice will definely have to get the Walking Dead, I opted for Gorn, game is hilarious and kinda disturbing at the same time, the fact that you can pull / cut limbs off. At one point I was being chase around the arena by 3 armless gladiators :D

Last edited:
Yeah I'm currently playing walking dead, and I am impressed. The game mechanics work very well and it's immersive due to the game keeping you in the action even when looking at map... add to that not allowing manual saves and the time limit before the bells ring, which is quite terrifying. Great game!

well I kinda chucked Feral Rites to the side and was really surprised by how much I have enjoyed Tetris Effect, Im not usually into tetris, but the variety in levels, surroundings and soundtrack has really made me enjoy just popping on the headset and zoning out for a while. Have started Star Wars Squadrons now, bought it from Epic on the last sale, bit of a mare getting it to work on the Quest mind you, I have to have Epic, Origin and Steam all open to play it!

I really do need to get on and give VR a go.

I seem to remember saying the same a week ago and still haven’t got around to it 😂
Oh no, not another "pet" you grossly neglecting, first Psvr, now poor Quest 2....I'm calling the RSPCVRH...

Remember in December when I thought my 64GB was nicked either on my doorstep or by the Irish Travellers in the two flats downstairs in my building?

I live at number 22, so I checked numbers 20 and 24 to see if Amazon left it with them. Nope. No luck.

Turns out it was at number 26 😂😂😂

Got a letter through the door downstairs saying that they have a parcel for me and they couldn't get an answer at the door (nobody answers the door unless they're expecting visitors or a delivery. Got to keep the TV Licence Goons at bay 😂).

Turns out that it was my Quest 2 😎😁😎

Sold it to one of my ex work colleagues for £150 (half price cos there's no proof of purchase or warranty).

So that, along with my £329.41 cheque from the Plevin people, means that I'm definitely getting a Yaw VR motion simulator in May. Or at least ordering it then, probably won't arrive until a month later.

Still got to decide whether I'm going to order it from a place in the UK that's selling them or directly from the company that makes them in Hungary. I've emailed the guys in Hungary to see if they know whether I'm going to have to pay duty on it.

If I do then I'll get it from the UK, if not then it'll be from Hungary.

Remember in December when I thought my 64GB was nicked either on my doorstep or by the Irish Travellers in the two flats downstairs in my building?

I live at number 22, so I checked numbers 20 and 24 to see if Amazon left it with them. Nope. No luck.

Turns out it was at number 26 😂😂😂

Got a letter through the door downstairs saying that they have a parcel for me and they couldn't get an answer at the door (nobody answers the door unless they're expecting visitors or a delivery. Got to keep the TV Licence Goons at bay 😂).

Turns out that it was my Quest 2 😎😁😎

Sold it to one of my ex work colleagues for £150 (half price cos there's no proof of purchase or warranty).

So that, along with my £329.41 cheque from the Plevin people, means that I'm definitely getting a Yaw VR motion simulator in May. Or at least ordering it then, probably won't arrive until a month later.

Still got to decide whether I'm going to order it from a place in the UK that's selling them or directly from the company that makes them in Hungary. I've emailed the guys in Hungary to see if they know whether I'm going to have to pay duty on it.

If I do then I'll get it from the UK, if not then it'll be from Hungary.
Shouldn't you have returned the Quest to Amazon? Assuming that you were refunded for it, or that Amazon replaced it, by selling it on haven't you committed theft?

Shouldn't you have returned the Quest to Amazon? Assuming that you were refunded for it, or that Amazon replaced it, by selling it on haven't you committed theft?

I don't give a monkey's, it partly (a very very very small part too!!!) makes up for all of the tax the dodgy fudgers aren't paying! 😝😂😂😂

Back on top, Finished Moss today. A good couple of days gaming between odd jobs. Loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Um... About the the topic of this thread...

I'm playing Racket Fury on PSVR and also have it on Quest 2...I find PSVR to be far superior in almost every way. Better immersion due to rgb matrix oled, 120hz refresh allows me to play fast but on Quest, something just doesn't feel right, wider FOV, more realistic feel from the move controller as a paddle than the quest controller and headset is just far more comfortable. However, I still enjoy it on Quest 2 because there is a significantly larger user base and I can go in any room to play.

ALso playing Eleven which is also good if somewhat unpolished.

I'm playing these games almost every evening. If any of you would like to have a game with me, give me a shout!

AAlso have been playing Box Vr and Creed, (again both psvr and Quest 2) in the same session to make it a complete varied workout. Again give me a shout if like to join me because it's so much more motivating when playing others online.

I don't give a monkey's, it partly (a very very very small part too!!!) makes up for all of the tax the dodgy fudgers aren't paying! 😝😂😂😂
Blame the government for slack tax rules, not the companies that are doing everything legally.

Bought Synth riders for £11.
It is a good old workout

... Um... About the the topic of this thread...

I'm playing Racket Fury on PSVR and also have it on Quest 2...I find PSVR to be far superior in almost every way. Better immersion due to rgb matrix oled, 120hz refresh allows me to play fast but on Quest, something just doesn't feel right, wider FOV, more realistic feel from the move controller as a paddle than the quest controller and headset is just far more comfortable. However, I still enjoy it on Quest 2 because there is a significantly larger user base and I can go in any room to play.

ALso playing Eleven which is also good if somewhat unpolished.

I'm playing these games almost every evening. If any of you would like to have a game with me, give me a shout!

AAlso have been playing Box Vr and Creed, (again both psvr and Quest 2) in the same session to make it a complete varied workout. Again give me a shout if like to join me because it's so much more motivating when playing others online.
crazy, I must try and have a go on a PS VR again, as I could be tempted to pick one up cheap to play the exclusives then move it on again. I remember trying my friends ages ago and didn't find it as good as my CV1 at the time

I`m trying to get the Ghost of a Tale VR mod to work but am not having any joy, has anyone done this of late?

crazy, I must try and have a go on a PS VR again, as I could be tempted to pick one up cheap to play the exclusives then move it on again. I remember trying my friends ages ago and didn't find it as good as my CV1 at the time

Just to be clear, I was only comparing to Quest 2 but I won't stop you from getting a PSVR!. I believe Racket fury and Eleven would be slightly better experiences on those older PCVR gen headsets than on the PSVR except for the touch controllers not feeling as good as a Move Controller as a table tennis bat handle, and I am unsure if the 90hz refresh will make those games feel as fluid as the PSVR' 120hz.

My first PSVR broke after 3 years of intense use, so I bought another one for £120 at CEX (actually ended up buying two more by accident due to an order thought not being processed, kept both, one will be used for a PS5 when I eventually get one). But of course you still need the PS camera and Moves (and for key FPS games, an Aim Controller) which adds another £60 (for PS camera) + £80 (Move controllers) + optional £50 (Aim Controller, which is an official Sony rifle controller with all the dualshock controllers built in, highly recommended for games like Firewall Zero Hour, Arizona Sunshine, Borderlands 2 as it elevates the immersion ten fold)...oh wait, you need a ps4/5 too, lol.

The Vive and cv1 (the latter, I also own but only played very little of because its in my office room...and I have to focus on work in that room, lol, so PSVR dominated being a living room VR experience) pcvr headsets are of course better in many ways (higher pixel resolution, larger scale tracking, and navsticks for FPS games) but not by a large margin that many understandably perceived. PSVR has it's own unique virtues (120hz, higher subpixel resolution due to unique RGB striped Oled meaning much less screen door effect, no god rays due to glass lens, spring ring comfort fit, great polished Sony game exclusives) but it's main failure is lack of navsticks on Move controller for fast FPS action games, unless a vr game supports the brilliant Aim Controller (which only a handful of games support...but just those games with Aim makes the headset worth it imho). Tracking is good too but problem is it's much more sensitive to environmental conditions than the PCVR trackers. Get the right lighting (not too dark, not too bright) and eliminate non shiny surfaces, tracking is great but unfortunately, I think many PSVR triers were unaware of this.

Anyway, with all that said, I'm having a session on Quest 2 tonight to have a boxing match with a friend in New York who just acquired one :)

Last edited:
Ghost of a tale is a nightmare I’ve given up on.
went back to mop up some Skyrim locations, that has aged like milk.
I did try some mods in the past but I ended up with inverted character faces. I still see them after a few drinks......

I did try some mods in the past but I ended up with inverted character faces. I still see them after a few drinks......
I never got round to Skyrim VR yet, I did enjoy Fallout VR as I had never played 4 at that point, and by all accounts Skyrim is a better port, so maybe I will get on OK with it, its the time its going to swallow that puts me off

Try the Wabbajack VR Essentials Mod Pack for Skyrim VR. Unless you want to install 400 Mods individually it's well worth subscribing to Nexus for one month, then Wabbajack will install them all automatically. Only costs 8 quid or so I think and saves you A LOT of time.

There's one for Fallout 4 VR too but it's centered around Survival so I'm not sure if I can be bothered with it.

Picked up Yupitergrad for the Q2 the other night, and it is a ton of fun. Sort of Spiderman meets Portal in space. Cel-shaded graphics, reminiscent of Jet Pack Radio, from back in the day. Very dry humour, and some real vertigo-inducing moments. It kind of slipped in under the radar, but glad I spotted it.

Picked up Yupitergrad for the Q2 the other night, and it is a ton of fun. Sort of Spiderman meets Portal in space. Cel-shaded graphics, reminiscent of Jet Pack Radio, from back in the day. Very dry humour, and some real vertigo-inducing moments. It kind of slipped in under the radar, but glad I spotted it.

that looks pretty fun, hadn't heard of it before 👍

So, was lucky enough to have one of those Oculus discount codes they (seemingly) randomly send out, so picked up Lies Beneath, playing it natively on the Quest 2 but noticed its cross play. So far enjoying it, I'm a fan of survival horror and fps games so this fits the bill. Another cell-shaded style game, I have no problems with the art style, although the game does seem to rely on fog a lot and you can barely see in front of you at times. Collision detection could also be better in general for melee in particular (Saints and Sinners and Alyx are some the best for that I've tried) the game can be difficult at times, throwing multiple fast moving enemies at you in small confined areas leaving you fumbling for ammo, but that's a rare occurrence so far. Worth a look. 👍

Went back to eurotruck sim 2 after a year out. Fair to say I am out of practice. Rolled truck once, multiple fines for speeding and ran out of fuel twice..... All on 1 job.

£350 quid for 50l of fuel.... I blame brexit :D

I've got gaming ants in my pants again. It happens every now and then with me, I can't seem to settle on one game so I have several on the go: The Climb 2, Beat Saber and Real VR Fishing. 😎😁😎

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom