What VR game are you playing thread

KingD

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you are all playing at the minute, just got started on Budget Cuts, enjoying it so far although only a few levels in, wasnt sure what to expect but havent played a stealth game in a while and its something different on VR. Also just got round to playing Moss prior to that, really enjoyable little title I thought, the DLC was very good too and Im hoping for a sequel.

Going through Alyx again with the commentary.
Ive got Alyx in my library but have been holding off for ages to play it on something a little s****ier than my Rift S, although Im thinking after Budget Cuts I might throw it on using wifeys Quest 2, starting to run out of other titles.
Also forgot to mention, I just finished playing Torn, which is an older title but I quite enjoyed it over a few evenings

Playing Population One. Bought it my son for his Birthday and my mate plays it on his Quest2. So we have a solid three man squad. There are normally around 6 other squads in a round and we managed to get a couple of wins the other night. Good fun.

Today, after buying them all a few days ago, i fired up...
Walking Dead: Saint and Sinners
The Room VR
HL: Alyx

Only played each of them for around 20 mins each and so far love them all.
WD:S&S appears to be really good so far, but made me a little queasy.
The Room VR requires thought and searching for cryptic clues, but makes you want to have 'just another go' or 'i will stop playing when i work out this clue (followed by another and another|)'
HL:A is definitely a premium game with lots of thought and time gone into it.

I have played these on my CV1 (and 1080) and they all look amazing, so i can only guess what they will be like when i get my G2 (and 3080).

I picked up Saints and Sinners in that bundle, looking forward to that, may actually do that before Alyx.
I take it the Room VR is not a direct sequel to any previous room titles and can be played as a standalone? haven't played the rest

you dont need to play the others at all, they all follow different stories/people

well, finished up Budget Cuts (waiting for the sequel to go on sale now) and now Im on to Saints and Sinners, which was on that VR bundle, so far Im enjoying it, although seems quite demanding on my system, I have had to turn down some settings, its not even graphically that good, defo time for a new GPU!

I'm proper back into Elite again now I'm enjoying a GPU upgrade and I can do it a good service in my Index.

Recently finished Down the Rabbit Hole, though didn't find all the invitations. A chilled 3rd person experience. Enjoyed it and might go back to find more of the invitations.

I'm proper back into Elite again now I'm enjoying a GPU upgrade and I can do it a good service in my Index.

Recently finished Down the Rabbit Hole, though didn't find all the invitations. A chilled 3rd person experience. Enjoyed it and might go back to find more of the invitations.
Oooh GPU upgrade, Im so badly in need of one but have given up trying to get either a 3080 or 6800 xt until the new year, my little 1070ti is getting a bit long in the tooth!

Oooh GPU upgrade, Im so badly in need of one but have given up trying to get either a 3080 or 6800 xt until the new year, my little 1070ti is getting a bit long in the tooth!
Indeed so is my 1080!

Inbetween playing Fallout4VR. I actually have no VR right now. The Wastes is out there, doing it`s thing. My Follower companion is waiting and I have jobs to complete... But I cannot be there. Yet.

In the meanttime I`m playing Dragon`s Dogma 2D! o_O

Stuck on a 1080 myself, and have also not bothered getting a GPU until next year when the madness has died down and prices will be better... That`s if the real world doesn`t get any worse. Sometimes I wonder how long I`ll even have tto enjoy VR. More important tthings may make that time short, perhaps for all of us.

Inbetween playing Fallout4VR. I actually have no VR right now. The Wastes is out there, doing it`s thing. My Follower companion is waiting and I have jobs to complete... But I cannot be there. Yet.

In the meanttime I`m playing Dragon`s Dogma 2D! o_O

Stuck on a 1080 myself, and have also not bothered getting a GPU until next year when the madness has died down and prices will be better... That`s if the real world doesn`t get any worse. Sometimes I wonder how long I`ll even have tto enjoy VR. More important tthings may make that time short, perhaps for all of us.
I've not played Dragons Dogma, its been on "the list" for a long time, but by the time I get round to it, will likely be too old and tired to enjoy (both me and the game lol)

I've not played Dragons Dogma, its been on "the list" for a long time, but by the time I get round to it, will likely be too old and tired to enjoy (both me and the game lol)
Being older probably helps (I`m not that young myself). The game is quite traditional in some ways. Dragon`s Dogma is a surprisingly good game. It somehow has been missed by almost everyone. It seems mediocre at first, but once it opens up and you get your personal servant (pawn) it becomes a world of its own. It`s VERY customisable. There are some amazing scenes where you fightt some huge monsters like something like the Cave Troll out of tthe Lord of the Rings . Night time is also very intense since night is really night. I remeber the first time being caughtt outt at night in a wood and hearing heavy plodding feet ahead. Even with my Followers, I was too scared to move any further!

If it could only be in VR I`d probably be playing that instead of Falloutt4VR.

Last edited:
I stumbled across vertigo remastered. Had no idea they'd remastered one of my fave early vr games.
For me it's the next best thing to Alyx. Hugely enjoyable.

I stumbled across vertigo remastered. Had no idea they'd remastered one of my fave early vr games.
For me it's the next best thing to Alyx. Hugely enjoyable.
Never heard of that one, will have to have a look :)

I have gone a bit mad on games this last week or so. This morning I bagged beatsaber on the quest, to go with eleven TT and thrill of the fight that I have on it. Also gone back to Arizona sunshine (currently in the mines) and also just pulled the trigger on starwars squadrons . At some point I also need to install asgards wrath.

Also not a game as such but I snagged virtual desktop which - at least for games not relying on lightning responses - is incredible.
The Blu amazed me again on the jump from CV1 to quest 2 and wireless is nice.

I have gone a bit mad on games this last week or so. This morning I bagged beatsaber on the quest, to go with eleven TT and thrill of the fight that I have on it. Also gone back to Arizona sunshine (currently in the mines) and also just pulled the trigger on starwars squadrons . At some point I also need to install asgards wrath.

Also not a game as such but I snagged virtual desktop which - at least for games not relying on lightning responses - is incredible.
The Blu amazed me again on the jump from CV1 to quest 2 and wireless is nice.

me too, I just got 6 titles on Black Friday and have a bunch of other stuff still waiting to play, but I was planning to buy a new CPU & GPU this year so I guess they will keep me going until then *then being next year at some point 🤣

I'm mainly a Sim and racing guy so games I play frequently

DCS
ELite
Asseto Corsa & competizione
Race Room Racing Experience
IL2 (VArious)
Dirt Rally (VAriuos)
Project Cars 2
Star Wars Squadrons
Onward

Also got

Walking dead
Subnautica
Zero Calibre
Alien Isolation (VR mod)
Elder scroll
Creed

I just finished saints and sinners the other day, quite enjoyed it, got my new 3060ti today so finishing shadow of the tomb raider on pancake first, then cracking open Half Life Alyx, which Ive been waiting for a new GPU to play as my old one was a bit weak.

I just finished saints and sinners the other day, quite enjoyed it, got my new 3060ti today so finishing shadow of the tomb raider on pancake first, then cracking open Half Life Alyx, which Ive been waiting for a new GPU to play as my old one was a bit weak.
Looking into getting a 3060Ti myself, probably in the new year...

So I've just finished boneworks and now I've started Moss :) only played an hour or two but seems like a nice little game.

For my shooter fix I'm playing mainly population one, which is fantastic. Also started playing contractors, had it on pc vr for a while and it was very good but player count always low. Not it's on quest it has lots of players and runs really well so enjoying that too.

Elite Dangerous on the G2
Beatsaber , thrill of fight & eleven TT, Arizona sunshine on the quest 2

Thinking of giving the climb a go but need to decide which headset to play on. Shiny visuals of the G2 or wireless in lounge on the quest2. (Either way I will play pc version I think)

I watched the new SpongeBob movie on Big Screen earlier today (via link) and I loved it.
A man of my age should be thoroughly ashamed.
But I'm not.
Well maybe just a tad...

finally got round to playing through EP 2&3 of Vader Immortal, glad I played it as a Star Wars fan, but also glad that it was cheap when I bought it. It had so much potential, there are some bits that show just how good it could have been, but instead its a very average (and short) experience IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom