What viewing device are people using for playing their PS5 and why?

I wasn't aware you could, I thought it was a case of either or.

How do I set it to do this? Currently I just have it set to performance in the console settings.
When you load up the game, long press playstation button until 'home Screen' appears. Then go to settings, screen and video, video output information. What values do you have. I play on a 27 inch 4K 60hz 'HDR400' monitor, so I have HDR disabled on the PS5 (the monitor can't show HDR properly/well). My resolution is 3840*2160 - 60hz. Colour format RGB, HDCP 2.3.

What does yours show?

When you load up the game, long press playstation button until 'home Screen' appears. Then go to settings, screen and video, video output information. What values do you have. I play on a 27 inch 4K 60hz 'HDR400' monitor, so I have HDR disabled on the PS5 (the monitor can't show HDR properly/well). My resolution is 3840*2160 - 60hz. Colour format RGB, HDCP 2.3.

What does yours show?
Resolution Auto
4k video transfer auto
Enable 120hz auto

Edit:- I've just pulled up the vrr info from the TV and it's showing 120hz at 3840x2160p

I genuinely didn't realise it did both, always thought if you set it to performance you got 120 at 1080 or set it graphics you got 4k at 60fps.

Resolution Auto
4k video transfer auto
Enable 120hz auto

Edit:- I've just pulled up the vrr info from the TV and it's showing 120hz at 3840x2160p

I genuinely didn't realise it did both, always thought if you set it to performance you got 120 at 1080 or set it graphics you got 4k at 60fps.
Okay so to test if your eyes can see the difference between the PS5 outputting 4K or the ps5 outputting 1080p and the TV upscaling to 4K, try manually changing the resolution on the PS5 to 1080p. Hahaha.

Also you can see what actual output the PS5 is giving out by going to Screen and Video options and then actually clicking x on the Video Output Information part.

Sure it's the size of tv and not the game giving you motion sickness. I'm currently on a 55" and am looking at 65 next and this is a worry for me. There's a few games which give me motion sickness, not many thankfully. Not sure if a bigger screen would make it worse though?

It's a combination of screen size and game for me. It only seems to occur in certain games like FPS and/or games with heavy use of motion blur. A low framerate (below 30) doesn't help either, but that isn't so much of an issue on the PS5.

It has to be said that there is quite a big difference between 65" and the 120" I get with the projector, so an upgrade from 55" to 65" might not make much of a difference for you. It could of course also be a display tech issue - the LG OLED has pretty smooth motion handling, whereas my previous projector wasn't fantastic in that department (Epson 3LCD projector).

In short, I wouldn't worry about going from 55" to 65" - that on its own shouldn't make a massive difference. :smashin:

48"CX, but barely using it due to wife loving it too much.
Waiting stupidly for an Eve Spectrum to arrive in January :( so I can go to my room and play!

I currently game on my 4k 65 inch Sony TV, however I'm debating more and more investing in a proper monitor and placing it on my desk!

I currently game on my 4k 65 inch Sony TV, however I'm debating more and more investing in a proper monitor and placing it on my desk!
What kind of monitor would you go for? Do you value 4K over 1080p? Or would you prefer 120fps where possible over 60?

I feel like a good middle ground for a lot of people would be a 27 inch 1440p 120/144hz monitor. One where you can feed it 4K 60hz for say single player games and the monitor downscales/supersamples it down to 1440p. Yet you can also send it a 1080p 120hz feed and the monitor then upscales to 1440p.

Personally I just play with 4K 60hz SDR on a 27 inch monitor and it is great. If I were to go down the 120hz route I would probably get a 22/24 inch 1080p 120hz monitor, but I won't be doing that haha.

you might want to reconsider that eve spectrum purchase - pretty good but over priced was the feeling here.

The company (Eve) is shambolic with regard to delivery I should have received my Spectrum in September and they have had issues with one fake review by there own member, but the panel is the same as the LG27GP950 which I almost bought months ago but since went up by £50 and is out of stock everywhere. None of the monitors which should have come out this year are readily available and all are jumping in price.
I am still able to cancel the Sprectrum if something pops up. But with prices being hiked on a whim by many retailers the Spectrum is looking reasonable now.

Using LG C1 55'. First OLED and main reason I went for it as the reviews were saying how good of a TV it is for gaming especially with the game optimizer mode. Managed to get it for a great price when purchased.

Using LG C1 55'. First OLED and main reason I went for it as the reviews were saying how good of a TV it is for gaming especially with the game optimizer mode. Managed to get it for a great price when purchased.

Exactly the size/model I was thinking of. How are you finding it?

Exactly the size/model I was thinking of. How are you finding it?
Absolutely loving it. Love having the game optimizer and having the different mode options on it like First person shooter etc. Picture quality is brilliant and having 120FPS is a must for anyone who own a PS5 or XSX. Also really good picture for streaming services. Especially Netflix & Disney+ as they both offer Dolby Vision

And do you like it? Aye, yes you do.
Hard to go back to lcd after you've had oled. So fluid.

And do you like it? Aye, yes you do.
Hard to go back to lcd after you've had oled. So fluid.
When I'm round the other halves and she suggest a new film/series to watch I always say no because and I quote 'not OLED'. Think she's getting quite annoyed at me for it as she has to wait until I'm off shift and its a weekend so she can watch something new :laugh:

When I'm round the other halves and she suggest a new film/series to watch I always say no because and I quote 'not OLED'. Think she's getting quite annoyed at me for it as she has to wait until I'm off shift and its a weekend so she can watch something new :laugh:
Wife loves us to watch TV in bed and any new film she suggests, shall we watch it in bed.

No, it's a 42 inch lcd, the light bleed alone is more than my ceiling light gives out. I haven't spent 2 grand on an oled to watch a movie in substandard quality.

I just tell her now we can't because its in uhd and the bedroom telly doesn't play them.

The company (Eve) is shambolic with regard to delivery I should have received my Spectrum in September.
That's shocking like, waiting nearly 40 years.

You can get playstations and xboxes now, they're a little bit better, I'd just cancel like.

A samsung q90r, why? Because thats what i bought lol i cant be arsed nursing an oled to avoid burn in, even though alot of oled owners say not to worry about burn in there are still plenty of people suffering with it.

A samsung q90r, why? Because thats what i bought lol i cant be arsed nursing an oled to avoid burn in, even though alot of oled owners say not to worry about burn in there are still plenty of people suffering with it.
Nursing an oled?
Got two, one's 3 1/2 years old with no issues at all.
I really think a few angry people on the Internet can easily put off people buying an oled. There's bound to be a few with genuine problems but most of the folks with issues have been reckless and used ridiculous picture modes like dynamic and watched sky news etc for long periods.
I truly believe it's pretty much a none issue since the 8 series.

I've got a C16 that has been on about 7 hours a day on normal days then 12 - 18 hrs plus a day on a weekend with no signs of burn in.

I'm going to regret saying that aren't I ?I'm going to wake up tommorow and it's going to be goosed 😄

My CX has had an absolute year of PS5 abuse also.

LG C8 65" - Unfortunately no 120fps for me :(
You could set your resolution to 1080p with 120hz set to Auto and then in the Games/Preferences section of the PS5 settings, choose Performance mode as your preferred option?

You could set your resolution to 1080p with 120hz set to Auto and then in the Games/Preferences section of the PS5 settings, choose Performance mode as your preferred option?
I didn't know my screen could do 120hz doh :eek:
I guess its a choice between 4K 60fps vs 1080p 120fps. :)
I will try this out, I assume I will need to plug the HDMI directly into my LG as opposed to my AVR.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom