What viewing device are people using for playing their PS5 and why?

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
I didn't know my screen could do 120hz doh :eek:
I guess its a choice between 4K 60fps vs 1080p 120fps. :)
I will try this out, I assume I will need to plug the HDMI directly into my LG as opposed to my AVR.
Depends if your AVR has HDMI 2.0(b) or not?

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
I have the Denon AVC-X4500H but can't seem to find any information in the spec sheets regarding HDMI versions :(
It can do 4K 60hz with HDR so it must be HDMI 2.0b. That means it should have the bandwidth for 1080p 120hz easily. Not sure if you will be able to do HDR at the same time or not but definitely worth a try.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
I tried it on cold War but the res drop is pretty bad on a 65 inch screen and although smooth, I soon changed it back. I bought a bx just for games that's been really good and when I played cold War it ran beautifully at 4k 120fps.

HRL

LG C9 65” about 8’ away for my PS5 and PC.

Tried 120Hz for both but resorted to 60Hz as neither can run 120Hz well enough for my liking, and that’s with a 3090FE in the PC. Old games are fine at 120Hz but nothing recent that I play can sustain much above 90FPS so there’s not much point.

Nomad1

LG C9 65” about 8’ away for my PS5 and PC.

Tried 120Hz for both but resorted to 60Hz as neither can run 120Hz well enough for my liking, and that’s with a 3090FE in the PC. Old games are fine at 120Hz but nothing recent that I play can sustain much above 90FPS so there’s not much point.
With my 3090.
I pretty much play every game at 4K Max out. Resident Evil Village can do 120fps at true 4K may turn a few options to high instead of ultra.

Tom Hyphen

Standard Member
I recently got a 65” A80J OLED to go with my PS5. Pretty happy so far, it’s not always the brightest, but PQ is consistently excellent.

DDBEDAC1-5253-4F10-A7DD-BD7A5B091001.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom