What upgrade will i notice the most?

thedude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think ive got a little case of GAS but that aside im wondering if i should look at a GPU or a CPU upgrade.

Current rigs are
AMD Rryzen 5 3600, RX 5700XT, 32GB Ram ACER 27 XV272U,

In what scenarios are you unhappy with your current system's performance?

I have basically that system, same CPU, GPU and ram amount and a similar 1440p monitor.
As above - whats the thing you do with the PC you want it to do better ?

I want it to do everything better!

Yeah then spend as much as possible. GPU Nvidia 3090, at the moment thats around £2000 and likely a new PSU to power it for £120.

Unless your doing productivity such as video editing and photo editing then there's no reason to upgrade that.
If you want to game at 1440p or 2160p then upgrade the GPU to a 3060/3070/3080 etc

You could get an AIO cooling system which looks much cleaner than the traditional old heatsink

So far I’ve just upgraded my processor to a Ryzen 7 5800x

im looking at a new graphics card shortly and an ultra wide monitor

So far I’ve just upgraded my processor to a Ryzen 7 5800x

im looking at a new graphics card shortly and an ultra wide monitor

What was the reason for upgrading the CPU to a Ryzen 7 ?

What was the reason for upgrading the CPU to a Ryzen 7 ?
Felt I could get more time out of a Ryzen 7 and for multi tasking. No other reason, hoping fm22 plays quicker 😂😂😂

Felt I could get more time out of a Ryzen 7 and for multi tasking. No other reason, hoping fm22 plays quicker 😂😂😂

Well yeah suppose it's future proofing.
MultiTasking is more down to the RAM if I recall correctly.

I got it for £250 off ebay so it was a cheaper upgrade after selling my old processor. I don't think it's a huge increase and by all accounts if I was watching the pennies and wasn't selling my old one I'd have looked for an 5600x potentially but £120 upgrade its cool. Doesn't run hot, did have to update the bios and also power settings as the PC was running it at 100%. I already have an AIO Cooler so the no fan in the box wasn't am issue

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom