1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Up converting Amp for a newbie?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Darrenn, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Darrenn

Darrenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I thought it was about time to get the home AV sorted out - and have started thinking about getting an amp.

Can someone recommend a the decent amp that will do source switching and video up conversion to component - but at the lower end of the price spectrum!!

Looking around the forum I've seen that the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE does all that I want - but it's still a little more than I wanted to pay!!

There seems to be SO much choice I'm a little lost!

Thanks
    Darren

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a DSP-AX750 and it sounds wonderful, Superfi were doing it for £350 but it's gone up to £380 - have a look around for it online and you may find it elsewhere for £350.

I'd say it's worth it, the stereo sound is great and it does video upconversion - although I'm not using that as my :censored: sky box can't output s-video.

As everyone will say - pick a few amps and go listen!

It's smaller brother the RXV-650 will do s-video upconversion I think and it about a ton cheaper.

3. snoz

snoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Possibly looking to upgrade to this amp from a denon 3801 mainly for video upconversion, also would i gain any better performance [stereo ect]