Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What Up converting Amp for a newbie?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Darrenn, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Darrenn

Darrenn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I thought it was about time to get the home AV sorted out - and have started thinking about getting an amp.

Can someone recommend a the decent amp that will do source switching and video up conversion to component - but at the lower end of the price spectrum!!

Looking around the forum I've seen that the Yamaha DSP-AX750SE does all that I want - but it's still a little more than I wanted to pay!!

There seems to be SO much choice I'm a little lost!

Thanks
    Darren

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a DSP-AX750 and it sounds wonderful, Superfi were doing it for £350 but it's gone up to £380 - have a look around for it online and you may find it elsewhere for £350.

I'd say it's worth it, the stereo sound is great and it does video upconversion - although I'm not using that as my :censored: sky box can't output s-video.

As everyone will say - pick a few amps and go listen!

It's smaller brother the RXV-650 will do s-video upconversion I think and it about a ton cheaper.

3. snoz

snoz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Possibly looking to upgrade to this amp from a denon 3801 mainly for video upconversion, also would i gain any better performance [stereo ect]