• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What Type of TV to Get

johnr2110

Prominent Member
As my TV is situated in the corner I'm wondering which I should get when the need arises, bearing in mind my current plasma is still going strong?

vickster

Distinguished Member
Plasma if off axis viewing or an LCD with an IPS panel. However, Panasonic have stopped making plasmas, and most are now sold out. Samsung still have a few plasmas I think in their 2014 range

On that basis, you may not have an option, but depending on when you need a new tv newer or different tech may be available and even affordable!

johnr2110

Prominent Member
Thanks for the reply vickster :) I'm hoping my current set will last a few my years and by then OLED sets will have dropped to real world prices.

Rokfusion

Novice Member
No new Samsung plasmas this year but the F8500 2013 model is one heck of a TV. All the features of the F8000 in a plasma. Comes in 51, 55, and 64 inch I believe.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom