What type of spider ?

njc12345

Although I really don't like spiders I just couldn't bring myself to kill them.

They seem to be getting bigger, up until last year I had never seen them this big :eek:

cornish

Novice Member
I don't know what kind it is, but it would be a dead spider if I saw it :)
:laugh:

seen a big spider ruun accross he lounge last night, pointed it out to my wife and her feet came up on the sofa so fast i couldn't help laughing my head off!

anyway, a pint glass and a piece of paper to handle it and let it out the window to live another day.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
For their looks they are pretty easy to pick up and hold.

nonumb

+1 to common house spider. Don't let the name fool you I have seen behemoths of this type. Ergh...

Geege

Yes, it is a house spider

njc12345

I have come across loads of house spiders but this one just looked different and was super fast, it's got grey stripes as well.

IronGiant

It could be the bigger one then, it looks more menacing up close and personal, although size isn't always the clue.
it is the only species of the whole Agelenid family to be able to bite through human skin proper
Which isn't pleasant, I can vouch for from personal experience :)

Surebrec

They seem to be getting bigger, up until last year I had never seen them this big :eek:
yeah, I'm not one for killing them myself. I can yhapily share a room with them as long as they stay up in the corners of the ceiling, but if they start venturing down the wall when I am there, they get trapped with a jar then get thrown out of the window

njc12345

fizl

I think the second one is called the flipping big spider, and it would be meeting the dyson pretty sharpish if it was in my house

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Is it This one

We used to make them fight each other as kids and they can really bite hard.

cornish

Novice Member
don't think you need worry too much, british domestic house spiders are harmless.....

if you see this one....

then fill your pants with the brown stuff!

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member

Nah, big is when you arm wrestle a spider and lose. :D
Actually, big is when you pick it up and can feel the weight of it on your hand. Yes, I pick them up to put out safely especially when some big tough guy is climbing the wall. :devil:

aVdub

Distinguished Member
don't think you need worry too much, british domestic house spiders are harmless.....

if you see this one....

That's a pussy cat :rotfl:

We've found run to the hills-this one twice in my 8 years in a busy port and its a complete and absolute nut case. At +4 degree it wanted to have a go at everyone.

I dont really fear spiders that much, but this one scares the **** out of me.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member

if you see this one....

not sure what it is , it just looks plain evil :eek:

That's a pussy cat :rotfl:

We've found run to the hills-this one twice in my 8 years in a busy port and its a complete and absolute nut case. At +4 degree it wanted to have a go at everyone.

I dont really fear spiders that much, but this one scares the **** out of me.
oh my lord !!!!!!

shodan

Distinguished Member
Hate them, hate all of them. The bigger they are, the heavier the hammer....

cornish

Novice Member
not sure what it is , it just looks plain evil :eek:
it's an australian red back spider, so the chances of finding one in britain are small. but..... sometimes these little things reside in toilet bowls :eek: guess if you are an australian woman, you don't complain about the seat being left up :laugh:

aVdub

Distinguished Member
it's an australian red back spider, so the chances of finding one in britain are small. but..... sometimes these little things reside in toilet bowls :eek: guess if you are an australian woman, you don't complain about the seat being left up :laugh:
Did you say "toilet bowls" :hiya:

njc12345

Last edited: