Question What type of backbox to use with brushplate

MassiveJim

So I plan to run some cables inside my walls behind my PC monitors to hide the power and video cables.
I will run the cables through a brushplate (top and bottom)
What I cant seem to find anywhere is, is there a special type of backbox to use, that allows cables to run through the backbox easier.
I run dual monitors and both are connected via DVI, so I am going to need a fair sized hole for that connector to pass through.
They seem to have solutions for this in America, but nothing over here.

At present it looks like I am going to have to chop up a normal backbox, but that might leave sharp edges which can damage cables :(

Plasma Dan

Are the cables going into a partition? If so you can use drylining boxes for this purpose. Just chop out the back so the cables can easily be fed through.

If going into a solid wall you could use the deeper 47mm boxes, as they have larger knock-outs for cables / conduit. You can also chop-out & bend away either the top or bottom section of the backboxes to avoid sharp edges.

These days I avoid using brush plates, especially in solid walls. I prefer to use modular data plates instead.

Dan.

wl1

At present it looks like I am going to have to chop up a normal backbox, but that might leave sharp edges which can damage cables :(

I used normal metal back boxes, but happened to have a letterbox draught excluding thing to hand......it worked fine.....you just space out two double back boxes, plastic or metal, to ensure the outermost screws line up.

You could use single if you want more cables to NOT pass through the boxes.

No pics of the finished item, but thought it might allow more space for you with so many cables....

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

You get the idea in the pics...

aVdub

Banned
So I plan to run some cables inside my walls behind my PC monitors to hide the power and video cables.
I will run the cables through a brushplate (top and bottom)
What I cant seem to find anywhere is, is there a special type of backbox to use, that allows cables to run through the backbox easier.
I run dual monitors and both are connected via DVI, so I am going to need a fair sized hole for that connector to pass through.

I ran mine with no backbox at all.

Mine were marked up, holes cut into chimney at the brush size and then brushplate was screwed direct to the wall. It if you wanted to, would allow scart cables to be pulled through with relative ease.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom