What TV??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Latman, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Latman

Latman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My TV has died on me the other day. Now I am thinking of buying a new one and I thought this would be the best place to ask for advice.
    I thought its best that I go for minimum "32 widescreen tv with 100Hz Digital scan. Perhaps with lots of features too. I have recently purchased an AV Receiver (Marantz 5400) so I am not bothered much about the sound.

I have around £1500 to spend.

2. mkjustuk

mkjustuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Loewe Aconda - a 9281 will be just in budget. Otherwise a Loewe Vitros - depends which you like the look of the most, pretty much the same tech spec.

3. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loewe Aconda 9281 can be had for ~£1350 all in from Robert Whyte but beware of the Toshiba tube! Vitros (6381) can be had for £1450 all in from TV & Video Direct. (Note the 9281 is a bargain as this should retail for more than the Vitros!). You can get John Lewis to price match these and get a free 5 yr warranty.

Also bear in mind that the Vitros is actually no longer the same spec as the Acondas (they've removed split screen Pic-and-Pic, reduced Pic-in-Pic functionality and removed the Digital Movie Mode (DMM) scan mode). Mine is on its way and I'll determine whether these changes detract from it. The Vitros is available in Bassalt (a kind of matt black) which is nice but all others are more funky colours and I prefer the design of the Vitros anyway.