1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What tv?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dominic85, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Dominic85

Dominic85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi new to the forum so hello, all i've read so far has been very helpful. So to the point, i will have enough money saved to get a new tv so what Hd telly should i get, i've narrowed it down to the sony KF-E42A10E 3LCD rear projection, sony KDLS32A12U Lcd, hitachi 32LD7200, sharp LC32GA6E HD ready lcd and finally sharp pal series telly(is this HD ready). i would be interested to hear if anyone nows what picture quality is like, and which one you would go for. I will be using this tv for sky HD, Xbox 360, ps3 and dvds. and freeview while i wait for sky HD. Look forward to hearing from you.

2. Tomdale

Tomdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have read with interest everybody submitting their views and opinions on HD.

Here's my shout on it.

I bought a LC26GA5E (Sharp). I opted for this as it was only £580, has a good PQ and excellent sound. The picture is far better than my 2 year JVC widescreen which was reasonably good for a 50hz set. I only watch TV for about 1 - 1.5 hrs per day.

I have ntl - I will not be getting SKY at my present house as it is not suitable. NTL will prob not be introducing HD until SKY has had a successful period; lets say about 2009 then. I also would not be keen on paying extra for HD.

By that time there will be a new range of TVs on the market with about 3 HD connections and imporoved screens etc.

It is then I will be upgrading!