What TV?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Quint666, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Quint666

Quint666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently my TV has buggred up, so looking to replace it now. SO just posting to ask what is a good 32" widescreen TV for between £350 and £450?

I have been looking at the Philips 32PW6518C which i quite like the look of and the Toshiba 32Z47B but the problem with that is i have not read good things about it.

SO any help would be appreciated from you all knowing peeps :)

2. andrewb150

andrewb150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im by no means an expert but Ive heard that Philips only give a good picture for like 2-3yrs, then give out (if they last that long ;) )

I recommend a Panasonic personally for picture quality/value for money.

But Toshiba's are also very good and seem to last forever. But they tend to be more expensive than Panasonic.

Maybee Im biased coz Ive never owned a Philips.

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    I've just purchased the Toshiba 32Z44B; looks good, excellent picture and you can get it for around £420ish online. Sound is not too hot but am not worried about that aspect of it.

I opted for the John Lewis way and paid around £499; this got me 5 years parts and labour warranty, free delivery, top class service and a nice warm feeling :)

Agree with the previous poster, Panasonics are pretty good (have owned a 36" Tau for a few years, v good set).

ALI