1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Quint666, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Quint666

Quint666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently my TV has buggred up, so looking to replace it now. SO just posting to ask what is a good 32" widescreen TV for between £350 and £450?

I have been looking at the Philips 32PW6518C which i quite like the look of and the Toshiba 32Z47B but the problem with that is i have not read good things about it.

SO any help would be appreciated from you all knowing peeps :)

2. andrewb150

andrewb150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im by no means an expert but Ive heard that Philips only give a good picture for like 2-3yrs, then give out (if they last that long ;) )

I recommend a Panasonic personally for picture quality/value for money.

But Toshiba's are also very good and seem to last forever. But they tend to be more expensive than Panasonic.

Maybee Im biased coz Ive never owned a Philips.

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    I've just purchased the Toshiba 32Z44B; looks good, excellent picture and you can get it for around £420ish online. Sound is not too hot but am not worried about that aspect of it.

I opted for the John Lewis way and paid around £499; this got me 5 years parts and labour warranty, free delivery, top class service and a nice warm feeling :)

Agree with the previous poster, Panasonics are pretty good (have owned a 36" Tau for a few years, v good set).

ALI