What TV Would you buy and why???

gaz2810i

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for an upgrade to my 2011 Samsung PS64D8000. Needs to be another 65" panel and I have somewhere between £3-3.7k to spend.

My choices depending on possible deals are the following:

Samsung UE65KS9500
Sony KD65ZD9BU
LG OLED65E6V
Panasonic Viera TX-65D902B

What would you buy and why??? Each choice has their pros and cons that are very different from one another so I am struggling.

NEED HELP!

Depends what you are going to use it for. If we're primarily talking 1080p content, Blurays and 4k then there is no question - the OLED wins. If you're a hardcore gamer and the input lag in first person shooters needs to be as low as possible then probably go with the Samsung KS9500.

SDR the OLED
HDR ZD9

All apart from OLED have good enough input lag for the casual gamer but the Samsung's is the lowest.

Mostly to be used for TV (Sky Q, Amazon and Netflix) and movie viewing but I do enjoy gaming via a PS4, Xbox One and a wii U (although I am not a serious gamer if that makes sense).

How much do you value having the extra brightness and wow factor for HDR? Sounds to me though that the OLED would be best for you. It's also a lot better value having recently been reduced.

Input lag isn't that bad with the OLED. Especially with just 1080p sources. With HDR you can't use game mode but the input lag is 65ms which is on the poor side for today's standards but may be okay for casual gamers.

I have to admit, having lived with plasmas for ten years the OLED's certainly appeal... However, I am craving the better brightness and LAG from the LED's (my current set is 65ms).

How easy is the LG OLED65E6V to wall mount??? I looked today and the wholes seems to be in a rather odd place, so odd I wondered if they were mounting holes or not.

Shouldn't be hard to wallmount. Just get a mount where the holes are low on the brackets so they don't extend under the TV's bottom.

It may need a LG mount but I'm sure some universal mounts will fit too. There's a good chance it doesn't abide to VESA mount standards though so check the manual online.

Perhaps if you want the best of both worlds it's better waiting for next year's models. Hopefully there will be OLEDs with less input lag and even better HDR.

I know there's going to be a lot more OLED manufactures so that will help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom