1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV upto £600 max

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Memphis Raines, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Memphis Raines

Memphis Raines

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am FINALLY well and truely in the market for a new tv after getting my room done.
    I have a buget of around £500 but i would go to £600 if the TV was absolutly fantastic but i'd have to convince myself that the leap in cost is worth it.

Ideally i'm looking for somthing that...

Has a flat screen
    widescreen 28" and up
    As good a picture quality as possible
    100mhz but dont mind 50mhz
    at least one RGB scart socket
    s video in

it doesn't need to have good sound as i will be mainly using it to watch DVDs and therefore using my surround sound system and not the TVs speakers.

BUT there is a catch...
    The TV must be from a high street store NOT online, for example...

COMET
    CURRYS / DIXONS
    TESCO
    MAKRO

any help would be much appriciated as i'm at a loss currently as its been so long getting my room done the tele i was looking at stopped being made...

THANKS

2. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not off the internet? Anyway, have a look online and find a price for a good set, then call John Lewis to see if they stock the product, if they do, not only do they price match, but you get a 5 year warranty with it. Any way what about this

Rich

3. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Memphis Raines
    HOF also do the price match while there are threads here about how to use a barclaycard to obtain good deals/warranties well worth a read.
    Lastly,the thread "help for a newbie" also contains information on Philips 6506 and 6517 which may be suitable and is also a good read if rather long.
    Good deals at Costco for these.