What tv to buy?

cera44

Novice Member
Reaction score
Greetings to everyone and thank you for the help in advance.
At the moment I own a 32inch Telefunken 1080p I do not use it at all did not turn it on for the past two years. I'm a pc gamer and usually everything I view I use the pc monitors. But I'm looking to buy a tv for me and my gf to enjoy Tv-Shows and Movies, ofcourse if she buys me the ps5 I might enjoy that as well on there, I wouldn't spend to much money on it somewherr around 600-850$ bit more i guess but not to much. Anyway I've looked into few things but most are US recommendations, and I'm so confused since some models are not here in the EU, Bosnia and Hercegovina to be precise.
LG , Samsung and Philips are the ones I've come to see the most, I've been looking into the Lg nanocell lineup 2020, but everyone seems to be hating on it in the US region, they suggest the tlc but we don't have those here, I mean we so but jts not the same, so what do you guys suggest?
Forgot to add my room is pretty small and dark the tv won't be exposed to light, viewing angle doesn't mater as well since everyone who's looking at it sits in front of it

Last edited:
Does this guide help at all?

The TVs are in a tier list in order of best to worst, with your budget you may be able to afford the Hisense U8Q if you get a good price on it. Otherwise you're looking at mid tier models like the U7Q.

TCL/Hisense models are sold in Europe, but they are different TVs completely from North America, so you won't find models like for like here.

If you are in a dark room you may prefer a TV using a VA panel, but note each has its pros and cons:

Im very confused, last few days im looking into buying a tv and its been a mess learning so much stuff I never considered, I feel like il see the difrence in any tv that I buy anyway, Hisense isn't sold anywhere near me and the only tlc tv they are offering in my range from the provider/store im buying is the 65inch P715

What do you say about a
LG 65UN74003LB ;
LG 55NANO813NA
Sony 55XG8096
Philips 58PUS8505/12
Or do i wait for a
QE55Q80TATXXH on sale those are some of my options? Id love to hear your opinion. Thanks in advance

You need to take a step back and first consider which panel type you want in a TV. Then take your choice from there.

If you start by comparing lots of different models without first knowing the type of panel you want, your choice is harder.

Its impossible for example for me to recommend a TV from your list because I have no clue which panel type favours your viewing more. Take a read of Which panel type should I choose for my TV? and start there.

Sony and LG models are using IPS type from your list.
The Philips and Samsung is VA.

If you are intending to keep the TV for a long time and want it to be future proof, you need a TV like the Samsung Q80T at very least, since its the only TV in your list that will handle HDR without that many problems. If however you don't care about HDR, then the other TVs are fine.

HDR is explained here:

You'll need to take the time to understand and research these technologies before buying if you want to make the correct decision.

Im very confused, last few days im looking into buying a tv and its been a mess learning so much stuff I never considered, I feel like il see the difrence in any tv that I buy anyway, Hisense isn't sold anywhere near me and the only tlc tv they are offering in my range from the provider/store im buying is the 65inch P715

What do you say about a
LG 65UN74003LB ;
LG 55NANO813NA
Sony 55XG8096
Philips 58PUS8505/12
Or do i wait for a
QE55Q80TATXXH on sale those are some of my options? Id love to hear your opinion. Thanks in advance
From what information you have provided I would go with a TV that has a VA panel. Because you are looking straight at your TV in a dark environment you want to stay away from IPS panels. You will be blown away by any TV with a VA panel. Try to find a Samsung, Sony, TCL, or Hisense with the best HDR in your price range.

Last edited:
From what information you have provided I would go with a TV that has a VA panel. Because you are looking straight at your TV in a dark environment you want to stay away from IPS panels. You will be blown away by any TV with a VA panel. Try to find a Samsung, Sony, TCL, or Hisense with the best HDR in your price range.
What do you say about Sony KD-55HF9005 ? Its a Va panel tv under my price range and everything else seems fine but id like to hear your opinion since you have more knowelage

You need to take a step back and first consider which panel type you want in a TV. Then take your choice from there.

If you start by comparing lots of different models without first knowing the type of panel you want, your choice is harder.

Its impossible for example for me to recommend a TV from your list because I have no clue which panel type favours your viewing more. Take a read of Which panel type should I choose for my TV? and start there.

Sony and LG models are using IPS type from your list.
The Philips and Samsung is VA.

If you are intending to keep the TV for a long time and want it to be future proof, you need a TV like the Samsung Q80T at very least, since its the only TV in your list that will handle HDR without that many problems. If however you don't care about HDR, then the other TVs are fine.

HDR is explained here:

You'll need to take the time to understand and research these technologies before buying if you want to make the correct decision.
Okay i tried to read trough everything even tho it's hella confusing since I'm coming from almost 0 TV knowledge you explained it very well though, as I understand a VA panel would be of better use for me since I'm in a dark room and don't require any angles. I do care about hdr but I don't need something extreme, im bit limited with money able to spend on the tv, I need a tv that's going to display Netflix HBO and thats pretty much it, I do want the 4k and SD content available on Netflix and other streaming sites to be displayed good. If I buy a ps5 im going to play story based games and couch co-op I don't need some extreme hz for fps games or something im fine with 60hz content, anyway I've been looking into Sonys 55inch XF9005 seems to have a VA panel but I'm not sure how it's performing otherwise.

Okay i tried to read trough everything even tho it's hella confusing since I'm coming from almost 0 TV knowledge you explained it very well though, as I understand a VA panel would be of better use for me since I'm in a dark room and don't require any angles. I do care about hdr but I don't need something extreme, im bit limited with money able to spend on the tv, I need a tv that's going to display Netflix HBO and thats pretty much it, I do want the 4k and SD content available on Netflix and other streaming sites to be displayed good. If I buy a ps5 im going to play story based games and couch co-op I don't need some extreme hz for fps games or something im fine with 60hz content, anyway I've been looking into Sonys 55inch XF9005 seems to have a VA panel but I'm not sure how it's performing otherwise.

Look at the XH9005 or XH9505.

There is a KD55 XH9096SAEP not sure if that the equivalent for the tv you suggested since we don't have those here.

I believe that the XH9096 is the same set as the XH9005.

The 55 inch XF9005 is the TV I would buy.

Sony X900F Review (XBR49X900F, XBR55X900F, XBR65X900F, XBR75X900F, XBR85X900F) This is the equivalent TV in the US. Buy this TV while it is still available.

Most casual users, that don't study the discrepancies of TVs, wouldn't notice the difference between the XF9005 and the highest rated TVs out there. The only drawback of this TV is a narrower viewing angle. Buy it and save the box unless you want to return it.

Don't hesitate. Buy the XF9005 while it is still available. Another good quality of Sony TVs is the reliability and manufacturing quality is the best out there.

Last edited:
The 55 inch XF9005 is the TV I would buy.

Sony X900F Review (XBR49X900F, XBR55X900F, XBR65X900F, XBR75X900F, XBR85X900F) This is the equivalent TV in the US. Buy this TV while it is still available.

Most casual users, that don't study the discrepancies of TVs, wouldn't notice the difference between the XF9005 and the highest rated TVs out there. The only drawback of this TV is a narrower viewing angle. Buy it and save the box unless you want to return it.

Don't hesitate. Buy the XF9005 while it is still available. Another good quality of Sony TVs is the reliability and manufacturing quality is the best out there.
But is the Sony X900F the same as XF9005? I wouldn't say so

At very minimum consider the Sony XH9005 or Samsung Q80T. The latter is a bit better for HDR and is a better gaming TV due to some Samsung motion features. The former is better for general TV/movie/TV watching but is really not great with HDR because its too dim.

For best of both worlds, consider the higher end Sony XH9505 or Samsung Q85T. Sony models in the UK at the moment are priced a lot lower, but prices should even out with time. Consider that it may not be the best time to buy right now, but sometimes that can depend on your locale.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom