1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What TV? Sony 32FQ75 or Panasonic 32PB50

Discussion in 'TVs' started by starsky, Nov 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. starsky

starsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trying to decide which of these two Tvs to go for - any advice from owners appreciated. Also, thinking of partnering Tv with SonyDAVS500 DVD Home Theatre System. Bit new to this home cinema thing. Does the dolby digital decoder & amp built into this system mean I get DD and DTS through my TV even though that the Sony TV is just NICAM. Or would you guys recommend a dedicated DD Receiver & DVD Player separately & if so what would complement either of these TVs well?

2. Hunter

Hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony does hum noticeably and on light scenes you do notice black hairlines across the screen.
    I noticed these on the opening sequence of Bugs Life (sad i know).

Pana, never heard bad as yet.:)

3. Hunter

Hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony does hum noticeably and on light scenes you do notice black hairlines across the screen.
    I noticed these on the opening sequence of Bugs Life (sad i know).

Pana, never heard bad as yet.:)

SonyDAVS500 has a built in DD and DTS decoder and to get the best out of films etc mute the tv and crank up the amp.

TV speaker will be fine for normal tv

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32PB50, I get a high pitch sound which comes and goes, seems more noticeable when the picture is dark, I have had the TV replaced, fault still there, I will be getting it replaced again, if this has the same fault, I will be getting a refund. Note, I am currently having lots of problems with Empire Direct arranging fot this replacement, be aware !