What TV Shows can I watch now?

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am sort of running low on TV shows to watch.

ATM I have

Smallville 1-5 - waiting for S6 to drop in price a bit but I think it's amazing

X-Files Complete - great show may need to return to it and remember how good it really is

Veronica Mars - S1 & 2 - sleeper hit show which IMO shames many a more famous show

Supernatural S1 - amazing first season, took a dive in the second hence my refusal to buy

Tru Calling - Not seen it yet (at the rents) I reckon it will be OK not great.

American Gothic - Not seen it yet (at the rents) I reckon it will be good

So there you have it, I however don't like the following:-

US Cop Stuff etc etc you know the ones

Sci-fi like BSG, Trek

So what is there for me? Is Buffy any good? £70 is good for the complete set.

Thanks if you have stayed with me:thumbsup:

Liam

Hi Guys,

ATM I have

X-Files Complete - great show may need to return to it and remember how good it really is

Veronica Mars - S1 & 2 - sleeper hit show which IMO shames many a more famous show

Supernatural S1 - amazing first season, took a dive in the second hence my refusal to buy

Sci-fi like BSG, Trek

Liam

Personally I think Buffy is great.
You could also go for things like Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Boston Legal (Denny Crane is a god), My Name is Earl, Bones, Blood Ties, Journeyman.

(personally for me Tru-calling was a huge let down - good in theory but pretty bad in practice)
The list is almost endless

Oh yes - Veronica Mars rules - get the third season - some people said it wasnt as good but I thought it was great!!!

Have you seen The West Wing which if the greatest show ever made (in my opinion of course) :)

My favourite current TV show is probably House MD - have you seen that? I also like Grey's Anatomy and Lost but they won't be for everyone.

Other shows worth checking out 24, alias, entourage, boston legal, oz, rescue me, six feet under, sopranos etc

Hi Guys,

ATM I have

Sci-fi like BSG, Trek

Liam

Buffy is great and Angel is very good. you may like Dark Angel.

Liam it's hard to recommend sci-fi when you don't state what you like. I recommend Babylon 5 above all else but it's a show you really have to stick with to realise how good it is, watching it from the beginning and not judging it on the first season. So failing that you'll probably like Stargate/Stargate Atlantis but I don't really recommend them. You may like firefly & Farscape that I think is terrific.

You may appreciate Blade the series which I highly recommend.

To be honest I could suggest loads of excellent series but I'm not sure you're ready for them. I'm not really into cop dramas but I found that the wire and the shield were terrific. Sleeper cell. Rescue Me. The unit. Over there. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Just to name a few however I think your tastes probably need to develop as you search for & see more shows.

How far into S2 did you get? I thought there was some great episodes in season 2 and the finale was well worth sticking around for.

How far into S2 did you get? I thought there was some great episodes in season 2 and the finale was well worth sticking around for.

im almost near the end of S2, i love the show, ok sometimes a bit samey, (not the brother) just watched the prison episode when the brothers got themselfs arrested to confront a spirit killing inmates.

I think we missed the devil and his soldiers in S2 more, whereas in S1 they were in it alot and made it a darker series, do miss the short haired blonde devil-girl.

im almost near the end of S2, i love the show, ok sometimes a bit samey, (not the brother) just watched the prison episode when the brothers got themselfs arrested to confront a spirit killing inmates.

I think we missed the devil and his soldiers in S2 more, whereas in S1 they were in it alot and made it a darker series, do miss the short haired blonde devil-girl.

I agree that most of season 2 veered off the main story arc, fortunatley fixed by the closing episodes and the finale. But I thought the Brother interactions were great and more developed. I loved some of the self depreciating episodes, the trickster and the hollywood episodes showed this to great comic affect, while still retaining a spooky edge.

Medium is a great show to recommend. In another league compared to the sappy dross that is Ghost Whisperer. Which I'm pretty sure only gets viewers due to the lovely JLHs rather revealing outfits. :devil:

Now watching the second series of Medium and find it excellent TV. Good acting, storylines and drama.

Buffy is great and Angel is very good. you may like Dark Angel.

I am interested in this, is it like female James Bond but more dark and futuristic?

I watched it all just never bought the set afterwards, I love the prison and bank episodes!

Liam

I am interested in this, is it like female James Bond but more dark and futuristic?

The first series of Dark Angel was great but it went off the boil a bit on the second series and never really came to a satisying conclusion before it was cancelled.

The Lost Room
Heroes
Lost
Dr Who

The Lost Room

The best show ive seen in a long time - such a unique concept, just a shame it was only ever a mini series and never an ongoing series.

Weeds and Dexter at the moment for me. Oh, and Californication is great also.

I always liked Tru Calling, and season two was really good (for the few episodes that were made). Sadly things ended as it was becoming REALLY good.

OZ and Cane are my two nominations. Both are superb. :smashin:

I agree with most of what been said above, but have you thought of a change of direction. Anime!

I can highly recommend the following

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Bleach (truly amazing)
Wolfs Rain
Full Metal Alchemist
Evangelion

For a taster try channel 199 on sky.

Well I will recommend sci-fi-esque ones as you wanted:

Roswell
Dark Angel
Medium
Ultra Violet [UK]
The Dead Zone

Other possibles:
Blood Ties
John Doe
Journeyman
Sanctuary
Seven Days
Alien Nation
Carnivale
Eureka
Flash Gordon

Ones I am planning to try:
Charlie Jade
Jeremiah
Kyle XY
The Lost Room
Moonlight
Blade
Dark Skies
Day Break
Ghost Whisperer
Brimstone
Bionic Woman

Ones to avoid:
Tru Calling
The Dresden Files
Painkiller Jane

Hi guys,

Thanks for all suggestions, GF wants to half in for Buffy so that's all good!

I dropped into the rents and picked up my American Gothic and Tru Calling but also nabbed my Dads Millenium which I started watching last night and love it already!

Liam

Well I will recommend sci-fi-esque ones as you wanted:

Roswell
Dark Angel
Medium
Ultra Violet [UK]
The Dead Zone

Other possibles:
Blood Ties
John Doe
Journeyman
Sanctuary
Seven Days
Alien Nation
Carnivale
Eureka
Flash Gordon

Ones I am planning to try:
Charlie Jade
Jeremiah
Kyle XY
The Lost Room
Moonlight
Blade
Dark Skies
Day Break
Ghost Whisperer
Brimstone
Bionic Woman

Ones to avoid:
Tru Calling
The Dresden Files
Painkiller Jane

You should stick Ghost Whisperer on your avoid list. Its total drivel. :thumbsdow

Lost Room and Day Break are superb mini shows. I also enjoyed Blade but it will take a few episodes to get used to not having Wesley Snipes as the main character. These shows should not of been cancelled.

Have fun mate. :smashin:

You should stick Ghost Whisperer on your avoid list. Its total drivel. :thumbsdow

Lost Room and Day Break are superb mini shows. I also enjoyed Blade but it will take a few episodes to get used to not having Wesley Snipes as the main character. These shows should not of been cancelled.

Have fun mate. :smashin:

I'll second that.:)

adding Blood Ties to the drival pile along with Charmed.

Did you watch Life On Mars? One of the best shows on TV in a very long time IMO. Definately worth checking out if you didnt catch it when it was on TV.

I'm not really into much of the US stuff to be honest. Too glossy for my liking.

I agree with most of what been said above, but have you thought of a change of direction. Anime!

I can highly recommend the following

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Bleach (truly amazing)
Wolfs Rain
Full Metal Alchemist
Evangelion

For a taster try channel 199 on sky.

Following on from that I can also HIGHLY reccommend Samurai Champloo.

Some of the best anime I've seen in a long time. On a par with Bleach and Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom