• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What TV should I get for about £600?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
Our 32" Toshiba Widescreen CRT is pretty much knackered. We are able to spend the full amount in COMET that we spent on our TV originally. £569.99.

Ideally we'd like another 32" screen, though it may only be possible to get a 26". Though seeing as its for the living room, can I expect to find a 32" Plasma or similar for about the £600 mark.

Or are there any HD 720p Projectors from comet for around £600?

Eddy_mc

Standard Member
Waynej said:
Our 32" Toshiba Widescreen CRT is pretty much knackered. We are able to spend the full amount in COMET that we spent on our TV originally. £569.99.

Ideally we'd like another 32" screen, though it may only be possible to get a 26". Though seeing as its for the living room, can I expect to find a 32" Plasma or similar for about the £600 mark.

Or are there any HD 720p Projectors from comet for around £600?

You have no hope in hell of finding a HD ready 32" plasma or lcd for £600, the best comet have for £600 or under is a 20" philips for £478, or for a little more than 600 a Samsung 26" for £650.

Eddy

neilmcl

If you really want a good replacement for your old CRT then you should look at the Sharp LC32P50E, can be got for around £699, maybe cheaper if you look around. The 26" versions will be cheaper still. As Eddy saisy you won't get a current plasma at 32", although I'm sure Hitachi used to do one.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
neilmcl said:
If you really want a good replacement for your old CRT then you should look at the Sharp LC32P50E, can be got for around £699, maybe cheaper if you look around. The 26" versions will be cheaper still. As Eddy saisy you won't get a current plasma at 32", although I'm sure Hitachi used to do one.
Yeh, I'm sure it's possible to find one online, but the chances of comet not charging rip-off prices. well you know what i mean :suicide:

That Samsung 27" that play had for £550, I find that quite tempting; no sign of it on comet though

mattg

depending on how long you have had the tv, you may be able to claim a full refund rather than a replacement under the sales of goods act. This probably wouldn't be possible if it is more than 12months old though.

comet would have to prove the fault was not present at the point of sales which is pretty tricky for them.

This would free up the cash to buy from cheaper online retailers. For example waratah.co.uk sell the 26" samsung with built in digi box for £610 delivered next day (if in stock). If you already have a digi box I think it comes in about £550.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
mattg said:
depending on how long you have had the tv, you may be able to claim a full refund rather than a replacement under the sales of goods act. This probably wouldn't be possible if it is more than 12months old though.

comet would have to prove the fault was not present at the point of sales which is pretty tricky for them.

This would free up the cash to buy from cheaper online retailers. For example waratah.co.uk sell the 26" samsung with built in digi box for £610 delivered next day (if in stock). If you already have a digi box I think it comes in about £550.
Sounds interesting. I'll have to have a look at the paper work on it. I know there is 3 years cover on it. But We are either just under or over the intitial 12mths.

will have a look and let u know cheers

:smashin:

neilmcl

You're only likely due a full refund if the fault was discovered within a "reasonable period" after purchase, ie, something like 28 days, after this only a repair or replacement can be offered.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom