what tv should i buy for watching football

loates123

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi upgradeing my 28inch matsui crt. which i paid 300 quid for 6 years ago.

have around 700- 900 to spend .
was thinking of getting a plasma or lcd

what is the toshiba 32wlt66 like. i am on a budget must tv must be to my needs, and i do not want motion sickness.

must be good to watch football on i watch a lot mostly on carttons the other times
will be getting a ps3 at the end of the year pre ordered already.

will be getting sky hd too in a month have sky plus at the moment.

please advice:D

Don't do it. Panels still pants for footie. (puts crash helmet on and hunkers down)

SickStu said:
Don't do it. Panels still pants for footie. (puts crash helmet on and hunkers down)

If he's watching with SKY HD he should be fine.

But for SD games, panels are still not perfect.

now i am very confused with the reply.

need to get this right as i dont want to waste around a 1000 pounds on somethink what i will regret

size does not matter my room is large but quality and prize does matter , i usally seat around 7 ft from the tele unless in the back chair wish is over 11 ft away.

I use my Sony 32V2000 for watching TV on Freeview and haven't had any problems with it, and i think you can pick it up now for about £1000.

For some reason PDPs with resolution of 1024 x 720/768 handles SD better then LCD. I guess it has to do with the pixels being rectangular.

Anyway, like the mentioned above, Sony V series is superb but Panny PDP can be expensive.

I've found that decent football reproduction is very dependent on the make of TV.

Example my LG LC2D does a very decent job of football. No trailing, no ghosting or anything like that, however the grass does suffer a little on fast pan shots, as soon as it stops panning the sharpness returns.

Now compare that to my mates latest Samsung Plasma and that shows at times quite jerky, especially watching the ball move accross the screen. His plasma does tend to look a little better for SD stuff, but my Sky signal is very poor since they put in a re-furb box a few weeks back.

So in many respects plasma's are better at SD but they all have different problems. I think my mates issue is that the panel for some reason migth internally be running at 75hz (as he can only get PC input whe n at 75hz).

So as far as football goes I have to say my LCD is one of the best I've seen football on.

Slim

cheers but even more confused so do i go for the 32 inch lcd or a plasma if so what plasma , must be good for football and ok for ps3

How about the 37" Panasonic Viera range? It's a PDP but still not massive.

AudioSlim said:
So in many respects plasma's are better at SD but they all have different problems. I think my mates issue is that the panel for some reason migth internally be running at 75hz (as he can only get PC input whe n at 75hz).

Does he have Pionner PDP?

No it's a samsung but when he connects his PC it will only show with a 75hz signal, hence my thoughts on it internally running at 75.

Could be completely off mark but my LCD does a better job of Football that his PDP.

Slim

Our Panny 32LXD60 is great for football - I have Prem Plus and watch the lot. Sky HD is superb, BBC SD is good, ITV SD is rubbish in comparison, but on a par with our old Sony CRT.

And at about £700 now, it's a steal. Roll on the weekend!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom