What TV Program Did You Watch Last Night On DVD/Blu Ray

Fringe season 1.. Very underwhelmed would be my initial reaction though I may try the second season if someone confirms things get better.. The main plot seems to have promise but its spoilt by the silly practically clone like filler standalone episodes.. Ms Torv is also rather annoying, does she have any facial expression other than looking rather bewildered and flicking her head about.

Fringe season 1.. Very underwhelmed would be my initial reaction though I may try the second season if someone confirms things get better.. The main plot seems to have promise but its spoilt by the silly practically clone like filler standalone episodes.. Ms Torv is also rather annoying, does she have any facial expression other than looking rather bewildered and flicking her head about.

Pretty much my reaction too. So far a plodding X File alike show with the old guy having all the answers because of his research years earlier. I'm only about 4 or 5 episodes in so far. How many have you managed?

Bri

I just love how funny the script is, its pure genious. And Lauren Graham is damn fine. Will probably get through a few more tonight.

It is absolutely brilliant, the dialogue is just outstanding and rivals some of Joss Whedons best work. They are all rewatchable though, due to the pace of the speach you tend to pick up some other new Gilmorisms the second time around. I think also as a red blooded male, it is a guilty pleasure though and is probably overlooked by a lot of people because it just looks too girly.

I'm only about 4 or 5 episodes in so far. How many have you managed?

Bri

I kept telling myself it could only get better ;) and watched them in quick succession . TBF if you played about the 5 episodes in the season that do relate to the main story (Mainly the Jones ones) there is a semi good story hiding in the mess..

Trouble is the writers must think viewing IQs have fallen so much that they signpost all the conclusions so obviously the final episode is a bit of a predictable let down..

Re watching the Justice League Unlimited, started re watching the normal Justice League but heard there was a blu out so saving re watching them

It is absolutely brilliant, the dialogue is just outstanding and rivals some of Joss Whedons best work. They are all rewatchable though, due to the pace of the speach you tend to pick up some other new Gilmorisms the second time around. I think also as a red blooded male, it is a guilty pleasure though and is probably overlooked by a lot of people because it just looks too girly.

So true, i would have missed this great show if i wasnt forced into watching it. Now i cant wait to watch the next lots. Got through season 1 this week. So recommend this show to anyone, male or female. :thumbsup:

I kept telling myself it could only get better ;) and watched them in quick succession . TBF if you played about the 5 episodes in the season that do relate to the main story (Mainly the Jones ones) there is a semi good story hiding in the mess..

Trouble is the writers must think viewing IQs have fallen so much that they signpost all the conclusions so obviously the final episode is a bit of a predictable let down..

Not a lot to look forward to then.:(

Last night I watched Get Smart Again, a TV movie follow up to the Get Smart TV series. I bought it for a quid from Morrisons quite a while back and was expecting it to be terrible. Whilst not perfect it had many laugh aloud moments. Lead actor Don Adams looks pretty old but still has his comic timing and does some of his own stunts.

A very pleasant surprise.

Bri

Last night i watched House season 4 episodes Houses Head and Wilsons Heart. 2 absolutely awesome episodes. Once these are done i may rewatch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, i massively underated show that (like Firefly, in my mind.) was cancelled to early and great performances from all of the actors.

Once these are done i may rewatch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, i massively underated show that (like Firefly, in my mind.) was cancelled to early and great performances from all of the actors.

Never really got into that, despite loving Sports Night and West Wing (which I'm currently re-watching, just finished Season 1 and started on Season 2).

I've just watched my remastered box set of Fawlty Towers. I have seen them all a thousand times, of course, but I never tire of watching them. Masterpiece.

Better still, I bought it in the final day of the woolworths closing down sale for less than half price.:D

Just started watching Planet Earth again on DVD. It's still a stunning piece of work. Like Band Of Brothers maybe worth picking up on blu-ray as a double-dip on the same title. Although my father generally gets all dvd or equipment cast offs.

Half way watching Star Atlantis S5 for the first time. I just enjoyed the two parter with Michael Shanks making a return visit. I wanted to wait until the Atlantis movie for the conclusion but I couldn't wait any longer especially as the movie could be long time coming.

I am going to miss it just like with SG1. At least there is Universe to enjoy once it is cheap enough.

Finished Atlantis and although I didn't like it at first compared to SG1, I am going to miss it. At least the season didn't end on a cliffhanger when it got cancelled. There was a couple of little questions I would have liked to known the answer but overall, the ending was a lot better than I was expecting.

I would like to see the episode with the other team from the alternate reality to watch again. I know it is from season 4 but can't find which one.

The stargate shows have been the best tv over the last 12 years or so. Atlantis was awesome and shame it didnt carry on. Universe has had a mixture of good and bad episodes, but good enough that i brought the blu-ray boxset, and the 2nd series shows promise.

Lastnight i watched the last 4 eps of gilmore girls season 2, so will carry on with season 3 tonight. I thought the writing wouldnt be as good as season 1, due to it being just amazing, but it was just as good. Hope it carries on like this over the next lot.

If they ever get the go ahead for Stargate Extinction, it will carry on from the ending of the show.

I really hope it happens, they have had the script since may 2009. Be a shame if it doesnt happen.

It depends on what happens to MGM and its financial situation.

Very true, i was half expecting them to cancel sg:universe. Just hope they can recover and continue to plough stargate series/films out.

I'm still catching up on Smallville season 4 and Supernatural season 1. Also a rewatch of episodes from Coupling and Not Going Out, both second series and both excellent.

Bri

I watched The Peter Serafinowicz Show on DVD last night (first two episodes).

PS's characters here are great... I love the "QVC" mickey-take where the presenters are describing the jewellery that they're flogging as "looking like a hideous boiled sweet". The Darth Vader Star Wars sketch was one of the funniest things on TV in ages.

Why on earth this wasn't re-commissioned is beyond me - and it even struggled to get a DVD release, and the show which was broadcast on the BBC, has been released in conjunction with Channel 4!

Why on earth this wasn't re-commissioned is beyond me - and it even struggled to get a DVD release, and the show which was broadcast on the BBC, has been released in conjunction with Channel 4!

They dropped Not Going Out after the third series although they changed their mind later on.

Bri

Two and a Half Men, Season 2 :thumbsup:
I watched "A bag full of Jawea" and "Go get mommy's bra".

They dropped Not Going Out after the third series although they changed their mind later on.

Bri

It was made in 2007-2008 - so looking very unlikely now!

It was made in 2007-2008 - so looking very unlikely now!

I thought they'd decided to do another series.

I've just googled and got this from Wiki which I grant is not the best source but it backs up what I remember.

"It was originally cancelled by the BBC in early 2009 despite good ratings.[2] However, the BBC revisited the decision in December 2009 and renewed the show for a fourth series, to air in late 2010."

I hope this is right as it's brilliant, if you ignore the first series.

bRI

Finished the Second season if Justice League off just re watched the first and second back to back and realy enjoyed possibly more than the first time as I know the format(being different ti the Justice League (without the Unlimited)).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom