Quantcast

What TV is this? Can't find reviews

tvdavid

I see there was a 65 inch one for £800 I want it but no reviews.

zeppelino

It’s not as good as the Q70; it has no local dimming and isn’t as bright. If hdr isn’t important then it’s a decent option.

Jamesvx

Novice Member
Well I watch a lot of netflix and much of the stuff on netflix is hdr so would the Q60R be good enough for that? Is the Q70R a night and day difference to the 60R for hdr?

zeppelino

Well I watch a lot of netflix and much of the stuff on netflix is hdr so would the Q60R be good enough for that? Is the Q70R a night and day difference to the 60R for hdr?
Yes. It’s far superior in all areas except smart system.

Dodgexander

Is there any 80+ inch TV as good as the Q70R except the Q80R?
The Sony XG9505 but its a lot more expensive.

All the recommended models are in my guide here: My best value TVs, 2019-2020 Edition

You can see the Samsung Q70R recommended but the Sony XG85xx not, and for good reason too. The Sony is not a good HDR performer.

Jamesvx

Novice Member
The Sony XG9505 but its a lot more expensive.

All the recommended models are in my guide here: My best value TVs, 2019-2020 Edition

You can see the Samsung Q70R recommended but the Sony XG85xx not, and for good reason too. The Sony is not a good HDR performer.
So over 80 inch the only good TV is the Q70R for under £3000. I don't think I can wait much longer for the TV, Samsung have truly lost the plot for how long it's taking. I noticed you mentioned the RU8000 in your guide. Is this a decent TV for HD content or would I be wasting my money

Dodgexander

Ah I didn't recognise you until now, I remember you already have an existing thread here: Anyone having issues with buying the Q70R?

I know you are in a predicament but I am afraid that answers haven't really changed. The RU8000 is an okay choice for a mid range TV but its not a TV to be compared to the Q70R if you want to enjoy HDR content.

If you want to avoid problems with HDR, you'll have to go down to 75" with a limited budget to look at alternatives.

Top Bottom