What TV is right for me?

emdub99

Novice Member
Hi, so I thought buying a TV was going to be easy. How wrong was I. Went to Richer Sounds to buy their 75” Q950R which was only £2000 ex-demo. Thought I’d be blown away by it but the motion blur was terrible when watching Sky so I walked away. Been in to curry’s and most or the larger Samsung’s look to have this same Motion blur problem. Thought I was set on a Q90R but this also had the fuzzy blur around faces in the background. I want something sharp - not fussed about OLED or QLED and am starting to think just a high end UHD may be better for me. Here’s the requirements:
Budget up to £2000 but prefer less.
Screen size 65” up to 75”.
Open to brand but have always had Samsung and quite like Sony or LG
Not fussed about 8K but do want 4K
Need a wide viewing angle and nothing too reflective as Quite a bright room.
Will be mostly Sky Q watching.

Would a 65” Q90R have less motion blur than the 75”? Have Q90R owners found this to be a problem when watching Sky? Is the Sony processor better to stop the Blur motion? Is anything new coming that may tick all my boxes.

What about the Sony XG9505? I think I’m leaning towards that one.

ashenfie

You would be better off with an OLED based on what you have stated. LG/Sony/Panasonic all use the same basic panels. Pany/Sony better on motion than LGs TrueMoton. I think a 65inch should be fine for most living rooms

vickster

Distinguished Member
Here’s what the best TV guide says about the 65XG9505, good motion but poor viewing angles
  1. Sony 65XG9505 - Its recent price reduction puts it top of the list. Very good motion and HDR performance for the price. HDMI v2.1 eARC support. Its downside is poor smart TV but its picture processing and Dolby Vision HDR support more than makes up for it. Poor viewing angles.

emdub99

Novice Member
This is what my problem has been. I can’t quite believe that with all the technology available there is still no perfect tv.

emdub99

Novice Member
My 11 year old Samsung D8000 is amazing. The picture is better than anything I have seen in curry’s recent - When watching Sky TV. This is why I’m so reluctant to buy something else - want to go bigger though.

Dodgexander

Hi, so I thought buying a TV was going to be easy. How wrong was I. Went to Richer Sounds to buy their 75” Q950R which was only £2000 ex-demo. Thought I’d be blown away by it but the motion blur was terrible when watching Sky so I walked away. Been in to curry’s and most or the larger Samsung’s look to have this same Motion blur problem. Thought I was set on a Q90R but this also had the fuzzy blur around faces in the background. I want something sharp - not fussed about OLED or QLED and am starting to think just a high end UHD may be better for me. Here’s the requirements:

Would a 65” Q90R have less motion blur than the 75”? Have Q90R owners found this to be a problem when watching Sky? Is the Sony processor better to stop the Blur motion? Is anything new coming that may tick all my boxes.

I'd suggest you opt for a 65" OLED such as the ones suggested in my guide. Try to pick up a 2019 model now before you are left only with overpriced 2020 models.
My 11 year old Samsung D8000 is amazing. The picture is better than anything I have seen in curry’s recent - When watching Sky TV. This is why I’m so reluctant to buy something else - want to go bigger though.
If you are still using the TV for regular TV you may just be better off sticking with what you have. TVs have moved on a lot, but broadcast TV very little. Modern TVs are more suited to streaming and Blu-Rays than regular TV.

eryau168

Novice Member

Smiffy 2

This is what my problem has been. I can’t quite believe that with all the technology available there is still no perfect tv.
"Perfect" is different things to different people.
My current TV (65" B9) is "perfect" for me, but there are plenty of reviews that say the opposite.
Problem is, in our search for the perfect TV we can lose track of what we really want.
And if somebody came out with the "perfect" TV for everybody, all the other manufacturers would have nothing to offer.
There is no such thing as the "perfect" car, the "perfect" house, the "perfect" anything to be honest, (except maybe the "perfect" wife)... (in case she reads this)...

Last edited:

tvdavid

BX seems good at £2K I hope the 65 inch CX goes down soon the 65 inch is just so much more than 55 inch version which I could go with today.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom