What TV is best ? i do just about everything !

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by bluetooth, May 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bluetooth

bluetooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As i said, i do most things on my TV :) PC, games, sky, dvd, (soon some high def dvd's )

I have a budget of around about £1000, and i'm looking to get something good. Generally, i like to get one good piece at a time, rather then a whole cheapo setup.

I havn't yet decided on plasma or lcd, hence why this is posted in both forums.

I have looked at a variety of TV's now, so here are what i considered.

LCD's : Samsung m86 40", samsung r88 40", tosh x3030 ( ?) 1080p 37/42",

Plasma : panasonic px70 37/42", samsung q96 42"

Now, the 1080p/720p thing kicks in. I am not totally bothered anymore, as i have seen how good ice age 2 ( blu ray ) looks on the 42" panasonic in JL :)
    I am mainly intrested in overall pic quality, so give me your opinions, based on all the things i have listed. Telling me what tv's would be most for which things would be great aswell. generally anything that you can contribute would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

2. bluetooth

bluetooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It doesn't look like i'm getting replys here, i know i have posted this a few imes, but i never got many answers.

3. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
  4. arty11

arty11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just one thing, Ice Age on blu ray will look good on a lower resolution plasma as it's CGI. You don't notice the resolution differences as much on a CI movie. Try watching a normal film on it in comparisson to a 1080P and you'll see more of a difference. If there's any chance that you'll get a hi-def source anytime soon then get a 1080 line tv.

All I know is that I didn't get on with plasmas, so I would say go LCD! I took a Pioneer plasma back after seeing green flashes and all plasmas do it! I just happen to be sensitive to it, you might not be! I would still say LCD though!

Sony KDL-40W2000 is a bit more than a grand, but search around a bit on the net and you might get that pretty close. But, it's every bit as good as a plasma, apart from there's more detail! I just changed my Pioneer plasma for a Sharp 42XD1E and am far more impressed with this over the pioneer. Yes the Pioneer felt solid and was really nicely made. It also had really nice colours and blacks were very black, but at the end of the day, so does the Sharp and it has even more detail! and not just a little bit more, it looks loads more! and it doesn't have green trails like plasmas do! Fast motion doesn't look any different to plasma either! 6ms lag is barely anything! and there are no phosphor trails to contend with! I know which i'd rather put up with! and it ain't plasma!

The Samsungs are good sets too, very underrated! They make screens for most companies out there anyway!!

You'll get a great tv for a grand, just don't be fooled into thinking that plasma is way ahead of the other tv formats, it isn't! It was used years ago to make big tv's flat and it was cool, but it has far too many downsides to it now and LCDs don't have many anymore! Blacks, contrasts, motion on good LCD sets are every bit as good as the strengths of plasmas, but with none of the big downsides like screen burn, green trails, life expectancy, delicacy, power consumption etc etc

Good luck!!

Arty