What TV has all catchup services built in?

MrMav11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a new TV, learning a lot, seems that not many TVs have all the catch services built in, i.e. iPlayer, 4OD, Demand5, not counting Netflix to.

So It seems to me that only the new 2014 Panasonic ones have this as they have the "free time"? Is this correct?

My requirements are 3D Passive, and smart TV, so is the Panasonic the only ones with all catchup, and do they need internet for this and not arial (I run off V+ with no arial connected)

thanks

Could always add a Smart BR player, my Samsung has everything and connects wirelessly to my Virgin router and with an HDMI to my very simple bedroom TV

Doesn't your Virgin box give you it all though?!

Hi, where about in the UK are you located, reason for asking is Scotland & Northern Ireland don't have ITV they have STV & UTV so no itv player also these are not standalone apps, apart from I player you will need an aerial for all others as these are part of the freetime service which is only a 7 day catch up rather than a 30 day. Yes as Bucks ter states surely no need for catch up with Virgin?

Last edited:
Virgin catchup on V+ for example iPlayer is rubbish and not full service (see my other thread).

I don't want another device either under the TV, so that's out. I have my PS3 which has catchup on (all I think), I just want it easier access, ie TV inbuilt would be nice (ie wide friendly ;) )

So with Panasonic freetime you need an arial, ah that's not good then...

I don't need an aerial to access the catch up on my elderly TV, just router access (wired as the TV is fairly ancient)

I can't see how you need an aerial for Smart TV apps, could be completely wrong though

How are you going to get your 3D without another piece of equipment?

Have a PS3 that outputs 3D I believe so Blu-Rays I presume will play to TV in 3D and some games are 3D.

So if the PS3 has all of the catch up TV, is it imperative that the television does - perhaps at the expense of getting a better PQ?

So if the PS3 has all of the catch up TV, is it imperative that the television does - perhaps at the expense of getting a better PQ?
It isn't no but just easier, the wife just wants a click solution.

I may have to ignore that and keep Virgin (which I was thinking of getting rid of and use Freeview).

Suppose will just have to use the PS3 more, maybe that will free up a better choice for TV then, think all apps are on, not sure if full access though as Virgins V+ iPlayer isn't full access.

You can always stream Iplayer from a computer if the tv has wireless

You can always stream Iplayer from a computer if the tv has wireless
Ah can you how, so could you for itv player et all to? How using what? Again probably won't work for iMac (Apple) stuff

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom