• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What TV for 750 - 1100?

greyhound74

Established Member
I've been given the green light to look for a TV :clap: , can anyone comment on a TV £750 - £1100, must come with a nice stand, and make the 360 look great, whlist having no motion blur on Sky+.

Many thanks
Greyhound

camorra

Established Member
You start with the Hitachi 42PD8600 for 799, then Panny 42PX60 for around 1000 and a bit more the Hitachi 42PD9700...then the list goes on :rolleyes:

You can search for particular models in the threads here but I suggest you demo well the screens and make your choice from your final shortlist of 3 :lesson:

Hope this helps :hiya:

Searcher2

Established Member
Greyhound - how is your X-Box on your parents 42PX60? Are you happy with it or not? If not then probably look at the Tosh 32WLT68 as recommended on the other thread you posted...or the older WLT66's if you want a bigger screen for that price range.

greyhound74

Established Member
Greyhound - how is your X-Box on your parents 42PX60? Are you happy with it or not? If not then probably look at the Tosh 32WLT68 as recommended on the other thread you posted...or the older WLT66's if you want a bigger screen for that price range.

Unfortunatly, my folks are in oldham, i'm in coventry. So i've not even seen the new set yet :eek: !
I'm just baffled by choice :confused: , samsung have a couple of nice models and i can get a phillips 42" for 1000 - all with good resolution. However resolution doesn't always equate to quaility !
so i'm as stuck as sticky the stick insect who got stuck on a skicky bun !

Thanks for your help
Greyhound

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom