1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what tv 2 get???

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by xtc246, Jan 13, 2004.

1. xtc246

xtc246

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just had an insurance claim for my 33"mitshubushi tv and the insurance company is offering me a toshiba 32zp38b or do you yhink i should add 500 of my own money and get the panasonic tx36pd30 which i really like the look of ...please any sugestions...the toshiba costs 1280...

2. Totalnoobee

Totalnoobee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can also take a look to the JVC HV-32P37 thread (I talk in it about the HV-36P38 I own).
    NTSC/PAL PS and HDTV compatible, but like the ones you mention, it has pros and cons.
    Also check the Thomson 32WB643. It got a great review in What Video TV.

3. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tosh 32ZP38 has 5.1 sound with speakers but the Panasonic 36PD30 only has virual dolby but that is a 36" rather than the Tosh 32".

You could also consider the Philips 32pw9618

I'd go for a 32" over a 36" unless you're sitting a good distance away from the TV.

Their are pros and cons for each of these models but they're all better than the rest. However, whichever model you choose there may be problems. Just do a search for any of these models on this forum and you'll find a number of reported faults/problems/poor display issues.

My preference would be the Tosh 32ZP38. It looks great and seems to have had less bad things said about it than the others -just make sure the geometry looks correct when you take delivery.