What tube in the Philips 9509

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by colinhare, Nov 3, 2004.

1. colinhare

colinhare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have owned a Philips pixel plus 9527 with the cybertube for a couple of trouble free years ( apart from the black bars and halo effect ) and have been thinking of upgrading to the new pixel plus 2 model ( 9509 ). All of the units that I have seen in various Comet stores ( Harman Kardon Midland area manager ) feature the dreaded Panasonic tube. Does anybody know if Philips are producing this tv with the cybertube or is there a reason that they have dropped this in favour of the Panasonic tube.

2. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what you mean by "cybertube" but my 2 years old 32PW9527 has an LG tube and needs a second replacement (within less than 2 years).

David

3. colinhare

colinhare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The LG tube is the Cybertube. Its a join effort between Philips and LG and was launched with much acclaim at the time when I bought my 9527. The threads on this site at the time were buzzing on this subject saying how superior this tube was to the Pana one. Just do a search for Cybertube on this site or visit the website. http://www.lgphilips-displays.com/english/products/picturetubes.htm

The reason that you have described above is probebly why Philips has quietly dropped this so called revolution in picture tube design and reverted back to an inferior but more reliable product.

Think I might sell my 9527 while it is still working and get the new pixel plus 2 32PW9509 with its Panasonic Quintrix tube.

4. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for the precise information. From past and current experience you might want to part with yours before things go bad.

Cheers
    David