What to use instead of plasterboard?


Active Member
Hi All,

My TV is mounted in front of a recess for the cables and plug etc, but along the bottom of the TV you can just see the recess through the clear plastic on the base of the TV.
I want to fill this with something I can paint with emulsion to match the walls, but not plasterboard and have to get it plastered.

The strip I'll put in is about 1m long x 40mm high. I was thinking of using trunking or a piece of MDF, any suggestions on which is best material to use to paint over.



Distinguished Member
MDF would be fine. You just need to treat the cut edges carefully (brush on diluted PVA, allow to dry, sand lightly, repeat a couple of times) and prime the wood properly before you put the final colour on. And be prepared to apply several coats - MDF is thirsty stuff!
Top Bottom