What to place Sky etc on after fixing panel to the wall

reallyuseful

Standard Member
I am wondering what other people do . Once they have fitted thier panel to the wall. There are some very unsitely cables running down the wall and I presume this can be resolved in three ways. The obvious one is to put some trunking on the wall. The second put a shelf for the shelf to go on or is there a AV ranciever unit that will wirelessly transmit HDMI and scart sigles up from the room to the TV with only a power wire in sight?

Can anyone give any advise please?

reallyuseful

Standard Member
Most people have either run the cables in the wall or used a quality trunking like this D-Line Plasma Tv Trunking PVC Dline
There is no cheap magical wireless solution to combine everything together.
Thanks m8
surprised really the av transmitters that used to send AV around your house from scart used to be great. I cannot believe theres not an hdmi version on the market and they have evolved no further in 5-10 years

reallyuseful

Standard Member
Wheres the best place to get a floating shelf around 300 x 400 in high gloss black please as this would be a better way to go?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Thanks m8
surprised really the av transmitters that used to send AV around your house from scart used to be great. I cannot believe theres not an hdmi version on the market and they have evolved no further in 5-10 years
The AV recievers that used to send scart signals around the house were useless, they were only composite video and not RGB. And were would you put all these recievers? Behind the TV with wires hanging out to pick up the signal?
Agree with the last post it is trunking, but at least it has a bit of shape to it and is designed to open and closed often and comes in other colours than white.

Oily

Novice Member
I am wondering what other people do . Once they have fitted thier panel to the wall. There are some very unsitely cables running down the wall and I presume this can be resolved in three ways. The obvious one is to put some trunking on the wall. The second put a shelf for the shelf to go on or is there a AV ranciever unit that will wirelessly transmit HDMI and scart sigles up from the room to the TV with only a power wire in sight?

Can anyone give any advise please?
You make yourself an AV rack,check the 1st line in my sig :smashin:

reallyuseful

Standard Member
Well i did think about trunking or running in the cavity but as i have a mount that tilts and swivels and allows the tv 4 ft from the wall the length of leads can change length and need to be free hence i wanted a floated shelf that brought the cables nearer the only place i have found is here:

Chunky floating shelf price calculator buy online

Just wondered if theres any premade high gloss ones ready made?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom