1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to look for when buying a 2nd hand HS20?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by devs, May 25, 2005.

1. devs

devs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi people I'm about to buy a 2nd hand HS20 what things should I be looking for before I part with my hard earned ca$h? Is there a sure way to see dead pixels?...

Thx for any info.

Devs. ;)

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Mute the screen to reveal any dead pixels. They'll look like tiny but brightly lit red, blue or green dots on a blank screen, though they are so tiny on the HS20 you'll be hard pushed to see them even if you look hard.
    I don't think the HS20 suffered many issues with stuck pixels anyway.

But you might want to check for any signs of a green stain about 1- 4" high on one side of the picture. This is not an uncommon HS20 issue.
    The best way to find if the machine in question has the 'green stain' is to view a Black & White film in full 16:9 ratio (e.g. Schindler's List)

A perfect specimen HS20 is still a very nice projector.

3. devs

devs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hey Jules, many thanks for all the info it was very helpful! I purchased the projector last night and the quality is excellent!

Cheers,

Devs. ;)