1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to look for in a good amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rjcowan, Sep 13, 2004.

1. rjcowan

rjcowan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Over the years I have moved into Home cinema and I have always been concerned with what speakers to have, the best dvd player and the best picture quality. As with everything the best cost's money so I like to think I have picked fairly well given my budget. However when it has come to amp's I feel my knowledge has been a little ropey to say the least.
    I have a Yamaha AX640 and other than having to have the volume at almost half I have found it quite acceptable but my curiosity is dying to find out what would happen if I upgraded amy amp and more importantly would I notice the difference. :confused:

So if someone could tell me what i should be looking for between different amps then I am all ears :lease:

I am running B&W 602.5's at the front with LCR60 as the centre. The rears are 601's. The sub is a velodyne cht-12. The dvd player is the pioneer 565. The tv is a pan 32".

The amp is the start of the upgrade process again!!!! - Lesson learnt - Never listen to stuff you can't afford.

Thanks

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *bump* :)