what to go for

leon

i have a 3 year old processor parasound c2 ( £3500.00) it does not have hdmi on it ..i am thinking of getting a blu ray player but i want to get dolby true hd but i dont want to change the processor ( to exspencive to change it ).. is this possible
what players can output true hd into my processor ? if any

i have a blu ray player on my htpc which has a loverly picture but no true hd sound ..if i bought something like a sony bdp 550 would i see a sound /picture improvement ??

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
i have a 3 year old processor parasound c2 ( £3500.00) it does not have hdmi on it ..i am thinking of getting a blu ray player but i want to get dolby true hd but i dont want to change the processor ( to exspencive to change it ).. is this possible
what players can output true hd into my processor ? if any

i have a blu ray player on my htpc which has a loverly picture but no true hd sound ..if i bought something like a sony bdp 550 would i see a sound /picture improvement ??

If the amp has analogue inputs then something like the S550 or the Panasonic BD55 would enable you to send all HD audio over analogue to the amp.... there are some limitations that the LFE is usually a lot quieter over analogues and requires a boost - few amps can manage this so you end up having to reduce the dB on all the other speakers to compromise - which is a bit of a pain!

Otherwise consider the Samsung players, they don't do Full HD audio but re-encode all HD audio to max bitrate DTS and pass it over optical - a great system and for £150 a bargain!

Samsung BD-P1500/XEU - Blu-ray Disc Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom