What to get the kids ?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by nicke20, Sep 11, 2005.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have decided to fit a dvd and screens into our vw golf, how should i do this ?
    I have seen the stuff on ebay from hong kong dvd player radio for in dash and tft screens built into "universal headrests" and then there is in bag dvd players and clip on screens, any advice or links to good offers ? what sould i look for / avoid ?

many thanks

Nick

2. SteveRSF

SteveRSF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Depends what you use the car for m8.........is it garaged or on the street?

i have both, my car is a show car garaged but has a alpine dash screen and a roof monitor that folds down....and a ps2 in the glove box for films for the kids

and my wifes car is for street use i have the centurion bag of tricks.......small dvd player that stays in a bag between the seats and then you strap the monitors to the headrests........takes 2 seconds to fit...then you can take em out at you end of journey

hope this helps!

3. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,755
    Also, how many kids? and how old?
    A Nextbase tablet player keeps our 10 yr old absorbed, and is easily removed, used outside the car on holiday etc. It's easiest to just let him have it on his lap. His much younger sisters can see it too, from either side, so for now it's fine. As they all grow up a more permanent solution may be required.

Dave

4. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    kids are 7 and 4 so scooby doo is the order of the day
    are the strap ons durable (ooh err) I had thught of drop over head rest covers to hide any screens, there was a post here a few months back of a twin 7" tft plus bagged dvd but i think its dropped off the radar now was that the centurion ?, and yes car is on path but in constant use

Ok ive seen the centurion bagged kit, it looks just the job but will it play dvdr's and do you get the 6.5 or 7 inch kit ?

5. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    ok me and the boat never met, it seems that all links mentioned for the twin 7 inch version go nowhere, but the good news is that it plays dvdr's , so anyone with a clue as to where to buy one at a good price ?

6. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you any where near a Makro as from Wednesday this week I believe they are selling a Goodmans 7" DVD player with attached screen together with a separate 7" screen so the best of both worlds there, for 99.99 + vat.

I currently have a Centurion 2 x 7" screens which play all my DVD's recorded on a Toshiba stand alone DVD recorder. I leave the straps on the head rests and just detach the screens.

Just a word of warning regarding the Hong Kong ones on Ebay you will likely have to pay VAT and import duties plus the quite large p&p, however this isn't too bad if you buy one for around 20 quid.

Regards,

Martin

P.S. I had a 10" Roadstar TV/Video in between the two front seats so quite a large screen for the car but it still didn't stop the boys leaning over to see it square on so I much prefer them to watch the screens attached to the head rests.

7. SteveRSF

SteveRSF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  8. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: