What to get an 11 year old girl for her birthday??

mcclane22

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :hiya:. My niece is going to be 11 years old next week and I have no clue what to get her for her birthday :confused:. She already has a netbook, ipod nano, Nintendo Wii and a DS. What do you get an 11 year old girl who has everything and does'nt know what she would like?

As you've found they are tough to buy for at that age. Maybe a voucher from her favourite clothes shop.

Money, stops all the hassle - she's old enough to understand the value so can then put it towards anything she wants; and you will be in the good books :)

Always works for mine...

leej: Thanks for your reply, I always leave vouchers as a backup if there really is nothing else I can think of!

brandon66: Money is another backup idea so i'll most likely be doing that or vouchers! Thanks for your reply. Christmas was hard enough!

iphone....instantly become the best uncle in the world ever ever!! (the parents will also hate you for this)

I don't normally like money or vouchers, seems a copout. But I think there is an exception for uncles/grandparents that makes it a decent pressie.

I think as much as she'd like one, they're too expensive and not sure if my sister will allow her to have one! The cheap alternative is to give her mine but she's not having it! (uncle's can be evil!)

richard plumb: I can see your point as kids prefer to open a parcel which is a lot more exciting than opening an envolope but like you said, with grandparents/uncles its a bit different.

Maybe an Itunes voucher (I assume they do them) so she can get some 'fresh choons' for her nano?

USB memory stick? Not that exciting, but if she's 11, she may make use of it at secondary school.

Pandora bracelet? Then other people can buy her charms for her birthday or other occasions.

They're very popular these days with young girls/teenagers/adults alike.

Hannah Montana thing-my-jiggys?

Dunno man, something pink and shiny.

Or just money.

As you can tell I've never bought presents for an 11-yr old :D

A modern 11 year old girl?
Probably a car and their own credit card...:(
Seriously though, we bought our 11 year old niece some stuff lately, and it was basically anything remotely connected with JLS, whoever the hell they may be.:rolleyes:
Itunes vouchers is a good shout though.
One can get movies and TV programmes off itunes, it's not just music.:thumbsup:

Something from Sylvanian Families or Littlest Pet Shop? Uncles are not supposed to be "cool"...either of these gifts should do the trick.

Hannah Montana thing-my-jiggys?

Dunno man, something pink and shiny.

:rotfl:

Just because you like these kind of things does not mean that is what 11 year old girls like :smashin:

Ask the parents for a bit of help, maybe there are wii or ds games she wants?

Vouchers instead of money, ask her mum what shops she likes. New look was mrs Craigs lil sisters fav.

Now. . how much do you put on the voucher card to not seem cheap but not be to extrvigant :devil:

Was gonna say a DS game or something? a wii game? a 50" Plasma Telly?

Thanks for all the replys everyone, looks like vouchers or money are going to be the way to go. And to safc_dan, if I did get a 50'' plasma i'll be keeping that for myself :devil:.

KrisLee: Unfortunatley she's not the adventureous type so sking/snowboarding are a no no! Cinema tickets are a nice idea :smashin:.

Thanks again for all your ideas :thumbsup:

Something from Sylvanian Families or Littlest Pet Shop?

Our soon-to-be 7YO girl would give me a funny look if I gave her those, never mind an 11YO.:smashin:
It's tragic how quickly they grow up, it really is.
I mean, an 11YO girl should still be playing with dolls....but they aren't....

Our soon-to-be 7YO girl would give me a funny look if I gave her those, never mind an 11YO.:smashin:
It's tragic how quickly they grow up, it really is.
I mean, an 11YO girl should still be playing with dolls....but they aren't....

You are absolutley right, its scary how fast it all happens! At least the best part of being an uncle is you can wind them up and give them back :D

Hi everyone :hiya:. My niece is going to be 11 years old next week and I have no clue what to get her for her birthday :confused:. She already has a netbook, ipod nano, Nintendo Wii and a DS. What do you get an 11 year old girl who has everything and does'nt know what she would like?

Could you buy her a sense of perspective? Is it common for 11 year olds to have this amount of kit? (Perhaps I'm a bit detached)

If she's got that much stuff, I agree with buying an "experience". Why not take her to the theatre to watch a musical - something like "The Wizard of Oz". I imagine most girls would like the theatre and she could make an evening out of the whole thing, give her a chance to get dressed up and feel grown up?

Could you buy her a sense of perspective? Is it common for 11 year olds to have this amount of kit? (Perhaps I'm a bit detached)

If she's got that much stuff, I agree with buying an "experience". Why not take her to the theatre to watch a musical - something like "The Wizard of Oz". I imagine most girls would like the theatre and she could make an evening out of the whole thing, give her a chance to get dressed up and feel grown up?

You are right but I think its my sister that needs a new sense of perspective! I do think she has too much stuff at this age and getting an experience type of present is a much better idea.

:rotfl:

Just because you like these kind of things does not mean that is what 11 year old girls like :smashin:

Ask the parents for a bit of help, maybe there are wii or ds games she wants?
:rotfl: LMAO :rotfl:

*wipes tear from eye*

it probably is fairly common. DS I'd expect tons of kids to have. Ipod similarly (although perhaps a little later than 11 - I didnt' really get into music until my teens). Netbook because schools these days use computers a lot. My son got email training when he was 7. Wii, well maybe its the families Wii?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom