What to get ...32" max £550

J273

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Ive finally managed to get my samusng LE32R74BDX unit returnd due to it having the not so good CMO panel.

Now im on the look out for another 32" lcd...dont really want to be paying anymore than £550

I wouldnt actually mind the same screen provided it comes with an Spva panel.....which i think is impossible to find out ontil its deliverd.

What do you guys recommend and any good online retailers ?

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Well i just ordered a Toshiba 32C3030DB because i got pricematched, supposed to be a pretty decent tv and got it for £540 delivered.

Yup that's the one i've ordered, got JL to price match it. Hopefully going to get it this week.

I think curry's does that tv at the same price. (Web Exclusive if I remember correctly)

Would JL match that?

I think curry's does that tv at the same price. (Web Exclusive if I remember correctly)

Would JL match that?

They only match in store prices unfortunately, otherwise i'd go for the beyond telivision one to get matched :(.

If you have an Egg Money card you can get that Toshiba for around £470 from Dixons as they are doing 10% cashback.

Toshiba 32C3030D Review
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Toshiba-32C3030D/

SUMMARY
The Toshiba 32C3030D is aimed at the budget audience who won't mind living with bright but inaccurate pictures.

Yeah and mates of mine have got the same screen, yet they think completely differently. Also other reviews are about which also say the same.

The thing is it's hard to actually get something good for £550, so you have to put up with certain things if you can't stretch further, such as myself and J273.

Not trying to Hi-jack this thread, but I am looking forr a 32" LCD for about the same money. I see there are a few TV's at this price like Samsung LE32R74BD and Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000U. Are these as good as the Toshiba you are talking about?

Not trying to Hi-jack this thread, but I am looking forr a 32" LCD for about the same money. I see there are a few TV's at this price like Samsung LE32R74BD and Sony Bravia KDL-32U2000U. Are these as good as the Toshiba you are talking about?

Well the Samsung LE32R74BD(x) is a good screen but that's only if you get the right panel, if not then alot of people have said it stinks. From reading another thread JS73 has already had one and had to get refunded due to getting an inferior screen. Now it's all down to luck which one you get but alot are getting inferior screens right now so that's what put me of that tv as i was originally set on it.

The Sony i can't really comment about, haven't checked up any reviews on it neither have i seen to much about it but normally Sony tv's are pretty good and the quality and so forth is brilliant.

The Tosh on another hand a few friends have got it and assured me they like it alot, also they don't agree with the reviews and i've seen it a few times in the shops and i must admit i didn't see a problem and it looked clear as day on freeview waching football.

I don't trust alot of those reviews as they have a tendency to examine things from a pedantic videophile perspective.

I wouldn't read much into it tbh, it's better to go and look at the thing in a store which is what I'm going to be doing in about 30 minutes.

My mates got a tosh 37wlt66 and says its an award winner......Im only looking at 32 im only looking for 32 inch so i presume its 32wlt66

Anyone with this tv any input

Im after an all in 1

Thanks

I am pretty sure the 32C3030DB replaced the wlt66, well that's what i was told anyway as it got phased out for a newer tv's.

So would you say out of the 2 the tosh 32C3030DB is better than the samsung LE32R74BDX with an spva panel?

are these the best 2 in my price range?

Thanks

So would you say out of the 2 the tosh 32C3030DB is better than the samsung LE32R74BDX with an spva panel?

are these the best 2 in my price range?

Thanks

I think the Samsung with SPVA channel may be better, although don't quote me on it. I just prefer the Toshiba's look and swivel stand and extra HDMI and so forth over the stuff the Samsung has to offer. Hence my decision.

Ok thanks for you info v1bez....Much appreciated

Decision,decisions

so the 32C3030DB is a better newer model than the 32WLT66?

so the 32C3030DB is a better newer model than the 32WLT66?

Well it's supposed to be, although some people who've had the WLT66 have said it's not as good. It's got a few better things, but from what i've seen in the flesh it's pretty darn good. Haven't got anyone who has a WLT66 though so, my opinion is rather one sided.

Yeah J273 it's the one you just saw on ocuk. I think it looks brilliant, went and checked it out today aswell and loved it.

Yup that's the one i've ordered, got JL to price match it. Hopefully going to get it this week.

Could I ask what the benefit is in getting JL to pricematch? Sorry if it is a stupid question. I think I will probably get this over the Samsung due to the probs with the different panels.....

Could I also ask where you pricematched it with?

Cheers :D

Could I ask what the benefit is in getting JL to pricematch? Sorry if it is a stupid question. I think I will probably get this over the Samsung due to the probs with the different panels.....

Could I also ask where you pricematched it with?

Cheers :D

JL offer a 5 year parts and labour warranty as standard on any TV.

I've previously successfully price matched with empire direct as they have both online and regular shops. JL will only PM with a shop price

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom