What to do????

darth_sidious

Standard Member
Reaction score
This coming summer i will be building a new system.....
i currently have a realy old JVC CA-E21l(which is definatly being replaced) driving two acoustic solutions DS1000's(floor standers), do i replace the speakers with a whole new set including sub or buy rears a centre and a sub.... bearing in mind i have only a budget of £300-400 (preferably £300)???????

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi,

IMO you have two ways to go.
Either buy a complete setup like the FS2 from Mission or the kht2005 Kef package....a satelite sub set.

Or if you are happy with the fronts.(I am not familiar with the ones you have...any good? With which main stream brand speaker can you compare it too?)
I'd suggest you buy a center and rears. This will be difficult because the center should not clash with the Front speakers...should have the same kind of sound.
The way the rears compare to the frontset is not that big an issue IMO.
With 3 extra speakers you are ready with your home cinema speaker set. Once you have enough money again you can go out and buy a subwoofer to complement the set.

Which option you choose is up to you and your taste.

PS don't be cheap when you buy the center speaker...in home cinema it's the MOST important speaker.

Is that £300 for speakers and the replacement system :eek: if so it cant be done! If thats just for the speakers, buy yourself a matched package, one of the mission sets will easily better making a mix and match set up

ad

With this budget you choose both ways to upgarde. either buy a speakerpackage or buy seperates.

I prefer the latter. I like the sound better than that of teh speaker packages...even the Missions and KEF packages.
Not sure how difficult it is to buy a center speaker that fits with your fronts?
But I'd go the way of buying a centerspeaker and rearspeakers. And once you have enough money...you could add a subwoofer to your set.
With floorstanders a subwoofer is not really essential.

With your budget you could even choose to buy extra speakers for a 6.1 or 7.1 setup. If your the system you're planning to buy can deliver this.

I'd suggest against what tan says, though of course this is only my opinion. Buy as good a 5 speaker pachage as you can afford, dont worry about the extra EX channel for now, get the foundations laid. I also feel that a sub IS essential even with floorstanders, but again this would have to wait until later. I also suggest that the current floorstanders get releived of duty, good choice of speaker package will yield you better front speakers than you have at the moment, IMHO.

good luck!

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom