What to do?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Ruby Eyed Owl, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Ruby Eyed Owl

Ruby Eyed Owl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi,

The day of the Wii launch - 8th December - my 360 started ot crash so I took it back to game and of course it ran fine in the shop so they told me to contact Microsoft as they could not accept it as a faulty console without seeing proof.

Fair enough.

I contacted m,icrosoft via email and after a bout a week they got back to me and said to call them to report a fault and get it repaired.

As it was coming upto Christmas I had no time to do this as no one would be in to get the console collected etc.

So I turned on the console today and all I got was 3 flashing red lights, nothing else, not even a screen saying what was wrong.

My console is still withing the years warrenty - till March so what do I do?

1. Call miscrosoft for a repacement

2. Go back to Game and ask them to change it (again)

Am I correct in saying that they HAVE to replace it if there is a fault? Or can they tell me to send it back to microsoft as they have looked at it once before?

Thanks
    S.

2. av_101

av_101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Take it back to Game, they are normally quite good about replacing...at least they were for me.

Wouldnt go down the MS route unless you have no other choice, they certainly made me come to this conclusion.

3. Ruby Eyed Owl

Ruby Eyed Owl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Yeah will give them a call in the morning and ask to speak to the manager, expalin the situation to him and take it from there.

4. mocca

mocca
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Man this wack dude. I went to every shop in my town looking for a shop warrenty for 12month instead of 28 days then send it to ms, game said 100% no quible if the xbox breaks or goes faulty they will swap at shop for new 1.
    Hope they will still stand on that offer!!
    I do'nt like the sound of the response you got from them!!!!

5. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Definitely take it back to GAME.

I posted this in another thread, not about 360s, but it still applies....

A manufacturer's warranty is in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer.

When you buy something, your contract is with the supplier, not the manufacturer.

If something is faulty on arrival, or develops a fault within a certain period, you should be able to get the supplier to repair/replace/refund.

Have a look through the DTI factsheet on consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) & other relevant legislation:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24700.html

6. Ruby Eyed Owl

Ruby Eyed Owl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    When I took it back without the red light and it was just crashing it didnt crash instore so they couldn't find a fault therefore they couldn't take it back.

Hopefully now it won't switch on they will take it back and replace it so I can play a damn game!

7. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9

I doubt it'll switch back on now, if you have the red lights of death.

Have a read of that link, in case you need to start quoting the Sale of Goods Act at them (I've had to a few times, at other shops).

8. Ruby Eyed Owl

Ruby Eyed Owl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I will have a look, cheers!

Any parts thats a re most relevent?

9. Houghsx

Houghsx
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,365
    Game are very good at replacement machines so far. The fact its dead when you switch it on is proof enough :smashin:
    Also make sure you get another receipt for the new machine, I did when mine went t**s up.

10. jimbo2

jimbo2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Blimey, was reading this thread earlier in between playing gears of war and would you believe it my console froze! I`ve had it since june 2006 with no problems what-so-ever. Initially thought a re-boot would sort it but after numerous re-starts it would lock up typically 2-3 mins after start-up.:(
    Feeling gutted and sorry for myself i started reading through various posts about microsofts returns policy and had a sinking feeling i`d not be playing my 360 for a few weeks. How-ever i found my receipt for the console which i bought from tescos and gave them a call, the chap in service reception said bring it in and he would see what he could do. Thanks God for 24 hour opening tescos!! The console failed at 10.00pm,called tescos,drove the 20 miles to another outlet (where i bought from did`nt have any in stock), and had a replacement console back home by midnight!!:thumbsup:
    Think Tescos deserve praise for their excellent service and i couldn`t be happier! Know it probably wouldn`t happen this way in many cases but i thank the bloke in customer services for his great attitude.
    Anyway, if anybody still has their receipt its definately worth taking it back to where purchased and try your luck. Not sure where i stood legally, read their policy while waiting for them to get another one from stock room and it stated after 30 days for electrical items that they`d send it back to manufacturer for repair/exchange so i guess i was just lucky!:)
    Just thought i`d post this to say that sometimes it can be sorted quickly and painlessly!
    Cheers;)

11. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9

The whole thing's pretty relevant, but here's a few snippets.....

The FAQs at the end are also worth reading.

On fairly solid ground, I think :)

Have a read of the above.

Definitely good customer service from Tesco :smashin: :)

12. Ruby Eyed Owl

Ruby Eyed Owl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi guys,

Got the 360 replaced, they just swapped the console itself and remarked the reciept, so I now have a console that works.....for now!