What to do with this iBook?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Gonky, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Gonky

Gonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hey guys,

I have an iBook, it's in perfect condition and the specs are as follows: 600mhz processor, 128mb ram, 20gb Hard Drive & a CD drive. The system has the power lead & battery, however it does not work any more.

The battery is quite loose, but it has power- when it is not plugged in and I press the button green light comes on. I assume this means it is working fine, however when I plug it into the iBook it does nothing. It is loose however- the lock device does not seem to work.

Despite this, when I apply pressure or keep it pushed into the position it would be when not loose, the iBook does not power on at all. No response to the power button or the keys, the machine just stays the same as when turned off. The machine is just dead!

What should I do: eBay it, or try buying a new battery? I have a Laptop so don't need another PC, but I'd like to either fix it so I can give it to somebody, or if that is too costly just make as much money from it as possible.

Please advise!

Thanks

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Not sure I heard apple charges quite a lot to take a look at it...you need to find a mac dealer, try Micro Anvika...