1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with PCMCA slot for TH37PE30B

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jason Burdett, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Jason Burdett

Jason Burdett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just received delivery of my long awaited plasma, and so far everthings great. I notice it has an SD card slot and a PCMCIA card slot. Now then, have any of you peeps got good ideas for what to use them for?.

The reason I ask is that SD slot I know is for for camera pictures, but that doesn't suit me as I've just realised my camera has the xD type of memory!. Now I was wondering about buying a PCMCIA firewire/usb card card bus. I could then stick in an all in one memory card reader (usb) into the said PCMCIA card bus and read my favourite snaps from that? Or am I going about this in a completely wrong manner?

Hope you can help

Best Regards

Jason

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PCMCIA slot will accept a converter - eg. for CF (although not microdrives). I can't remember whether xD is supported, but it should be in the manual.

3. Jason Burdett

Jason Burdett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks blindlemon. i will thoroughly check out the manual, but can't remember seeing anything re the newer xD specification of memory card. Jason

4. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
  5. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    To loosely quote the manual...

Another point to note: Whilst the SD cards can be inserted and removed without powering off the TV, the TV has to be powered off when inserting the PCMCIA adaptor card for the other formats of memory. :lesson:

S.