• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What to do with Monster power adapter?

JimmyCDK

Standard Member
Hi,

When I bought my 3D LED TV, I was sold a Monster power adapter to regulate current to protect TV against power surges etc.

I'm now fitting TV to wall mount on chimney breast and extending the ring mains up and down the sides of the chimney breast so the AV equipment (DVD, Xbox, Sky box, Wii, Playstation, Router etc) will access plug sockets on the shelf they are on.

Is the monster power adapter essential or will it be ok to fit a power socket behind the TV and just nt use the power adapter altogether?

many thanks
Jimmy

Jameskatie

Distinguished Member
The chances of a power surge are slim, I've never heard of anyone I know having one in my lifetime, and if you do have one and blow your tv it's a good time to upgrade using the insurance!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom