1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with a second digibox?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Shady, May 9, 2002.

1. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi chaps - help and sage advice needed again.

My lovely girlfriend has finally relented and agreed to move in with me (altogether now - ahh).

Problem is she has had a Sky subscription for 6 months and all the associated bits - digibox and dish.

The question is - can this be put to any use? Can the digibox be used in the bedroom as a separate receiver and if so do I need to fiddle with the dish and LNB etc.

Not looking to rip off SKY - just seems a shame to waste the hardware. Is there a second hand value to these things?

Any suggestions or comments will be welcome - I am sure I am not the only one to go through this.

Anyway - gotta go, must clear some space for the bags and shoes...

Cheers

2. Pyara

Pyara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many happy returns and good luck for the future!!!

Now, I've read your thread over a few times and you don't mention if you have a sky system at the moment???

Nevertheless, here go: Firstly, as she's only had the subscription for 6 months, she must complete another 6 months before she can disconnent. She can set-up the system at your place, or indeed if you have one their use her card by just swapping over the boxes. An install by Sky will cost you around £50, or indeed see if your local dealer can do any better.

If you don't want to make use of it or perhaps sell it, I would advise her to move her subscription right down to the basic package for 6 months and then disconnect it.

Please foward more info for more details...

3. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    oops, sorry...

...forgot to mention that yes, I currently have the full Sky package. So we will end up with two digiboxes (and two mini dishes if we unbolt it from her wall).

Should have made that bit clearer...

Cheers