What to do!? What to do!!!????!?!?!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by lozicky, Dec 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. lozicky

lozicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm new to this forum, but i've spent the day sifting through the hundreds of posts on this site and they've all been really helpful.

Basically i'm looking for a new screen, since i've been looking into it i've changed my mind every 20 minutes on which to buy, I have a budget of £900 and I just want the best I can get for that not really wanting to go under 37". I'll be using it with my 360 and i'm hoping to get a dvd upscaler to play with it.

The sets I have been looking at are...

Toshiba 37WLT66 from Dixons Online without discount code

Panasonic TH42PX60B from Currys Online for £809 with discount code

Samsung LE40R73BD from Dixons Online for £899 without discount code

Those are the three main ones I've looked at although I did contemplate the LG 37LC2DB but been put off that slightly.

I am leaning towards the panasonic just because it seems like such a sexy tv as well as the size, but its a plasma..? is this a bad thing?

I was just looking for some help because all this is sending me doo-lally! If there were others that I;ve missed i'd really appreciate any you could suggest.

Hopefully someone can help me...

Thanks

Loz

2. bliss007

bliss007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    remove

3. bliss007

bliss007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~SHA-LC37XD1E.htm

Better than all above and a true 1080p Screen, the above ones only have 1366x768 panels this has a 1920x1080 panel

Ok its £999 but thats today there is now a price war going on with all that Sharp range falling with the 37" dropping £400 and the 46" dropping £500, so keep eyes on all sites next few days, even if it was £99 over budget its far more worth it than all your choices.

Sorry had to doublepost as some error came up and it appears you had no replies but I had.

4. chaparral

chaparral

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
  5. lozicky

lozicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the link didnt work, but I just googled the model number, I've been looking on the threads about this tv and it does look like a very sexy piece of kit, the picture quality looks awesome.

I'm just still being swayed by the deals you can get on currys for the panasonic plasmas, but again not sure if i'll get some kind of bad voodoo from the television gods if i get one of those!

6. bliss007

bliss007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. bliss007

bliss007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO a Plasma is a poor mans LCD and I aint a LCD or Plasma fanboy, I ideally I would not get either but SED's are delayed, I use a 22" CRT PC monitor not lcd.

I know many n00bs personally that bought £900-£1300 HD Plasmas approx 40"-42" at World Cup time thinking they can see a real 1080 picture, they dont know the panels are only 1366x768.

8. Noise

Noise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have pretty much the same problem.
    Been swaying back and forth from Panasonic 42" plasma model TH-42PV60E to Samsung 40" LCD model LE-40R72B.

Just can't decide. Also been to four shops and asked many owners... the thing is... the plasma owners say go for the plasma, the lcd owners say go for the lcd and the bloody shop sellers just say go for the X, where X is the product they get the most profit from. F%"%$#. .... :lease: :lease: :lease:

The most concern goes for the quality of TV signal picture? Plasmas are dead end of the evolution supposably, yet, the quality of the pic of cable channels seems better?? What is THE factor that would oveturn my opinion towards LCD??

9. lozicky

lozicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well all i've got from looking on the site from the last 20 minutes is that this panasonic set has all these purple snakes that appear on the screen, so now i'm even more confused, i dont want to spend money on something thats going to have purple creatures all over the screen!?

10. Andywt

Andywt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think you answered your own question - if YOU think the picture quality is better , go for it . It is you that will be watching it . Go to see as many sets as you can , ignore the fact it may be LCD or PLASMA ( my vote by the way) .Work out what will be the thing you need it for the most , ie SD , HD movies , gaming etc.. and let your eyes pick what you want, not biased people on here -- we are all biased to some degree dependent on what we bought.
    Don't get me wrong , these forums are great for an awful lot of info but you have the casting vote and are the one to splash the cash -- good luck anyway.:smashin:

11. Noise

Noise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's the problem. I could not find any place that I could compare the two directly. Also I only saw the Plasma "live" at my friends', where it seemed nice. Couldn't try out the xbox or the computer connection, though. As I understand, when connecting the thing to the comp, LCD is better??? Is that because of the resolution (1366x768 vs 1200x768)... What's with the HD story? As I understand, the only true HD is 1080, which anyway neither of these two has??